• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

It has begun...

Well today I planted a couple starter packs, 142 plants in all hopefully. Mostly short season stuff this year, a couple long season varieties that I will probably keep potted. Last year was a disaster with my long season plants even with the row covers.

Planted:
Thai Dragon
Firecracker
Bolivian Rainbow
Jalapeno
Caribbean Red
Numex m
LR Cayenne
Hanoi Red
Hawaiian sweet hot

I have plenty of these seeds and some hab types if anyone is interested in trading.

Good luck on your seasons growers!

Hello Paul, I plant about 30 plants each year. That's about all I have time to keep up with. Nothing fancy on the types. Just habs and jalapenos that we pick up at the local plant place, bring them home and stick 'em in the ground. Works every time! Our season is from early march (just a few more weeks) til sometimes as late as mid Nov, unless a hurricane comes our way. Even then some of the hearty plants even can survive that. :lol:

I've still got peppers producing, so the season's not really over. But I have started the seed trays (started them about a month or two ago):
Caribbean red hot
Serrano
Ring-O-Fire Cayenne Chile
Some form of tepin
Some form of pequin
Unknown Red(Fresno?)
Unknown Yellow
Bolivian Rainbow Chile
JalapeƱo
Santa Fe
Purira
Hungarian Hot Wax Chile

We've got about 100+ plants this year...it should be a bumper crop.

We're planting this year, but we're mostly starting with sprouts. And I don't have any seeds to trade.

I do have some weri weri seeds that came from Sumatra, but I don't know if they'll sprout, they were still in the pepper when we got them and the pepper was a little fuzzy.

T

P_Schneider][quote name= said:
Sooo Jelous...
That's one of the bonus's of living in Los Angeles. My tomatoes (that were planted in March 2005), just finally bit the dust. When stretched out on the ground, it was over 20 feet tall and roots that were 5 feet long.

:lol: :) :D :D :D

spring%20peppers.jpg

Spent the last 2 weekends tilling the garden and amending the soil. We put the cloth down Saturday and I put the first plants in yesterday...7 habaneros and 6 jalapenos so far. Plus some tomatoes....there will be more to come ..hopefully from the seeds Marv ( Fatliman here ) sent me.

We also expanded the garden to about 300 sq. feet.

We're having an early spring....to put it mildly. If you combined all the days that were 'winter-like" this year....we had about a 2 week winter. :lol:

I'm expecting summer to be hell on earth though.... :)

chuk hell said:
We're having an early spring....to put it mildly. If you combined all the days that were 'winter-like" this year....we had about a 2 week winter. :lol:

I'm expecting summer to be hell on earth though.... :)
Ditto...chalk it up to Solar Warming.

Back