• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Infinity Pod Test

Correction, the Infinity results for 2010 were 1,176,182 not 1,187,182 as I quoted above.
I have just had my latest batch of scorpion x naga cross tested at Warwick Uni and the results came back today - 1,178,988 SHU! :onfire: :woohoo: :onfire:

Nearly 3000 SHU more than the Infinity.....
I know it's not classed as 'official' testing but it still proves that they are quite hot!
I think there are going to be lots of new superhot hybrids like mine around soon, however due to the extra length of time it takes to get tested (as explained by Potawie) it's gonna have to be either a scorpion or douglah that takes the official title as world's hottest.....

Wow!1,178,988. News gets around fast as Neil the Hippy told me about this in an email this morning. Congrats to you Paul! That is one wickedly hot SOB.

Wow!1,178,988. News gets around fast as Neil the Hippy told me about this in an email this morning. Congrats to you Paul! That is one wickedly hot SOB.
Thanks Patrick,
Yes they are pretty damn hot, you will see an article on the Chilefoundry website this Sunday.
Unfortunately I have already been beaten by Gerald of the Chilli Pepper Company who has just had his 'Naga Viper' tested at 1,349,000 SHU - now that is one seriously hot SOB! I have asked him for one to test so will post on here when I do.
Here's a pic for you of my pod, 'The Cornish Naga'

SAM_0745.jpg

Now that is a good looking pepper. It makes me think of red hot lava. How man plants do you have of the "Cornish Naga"?Best of luck growing them Paul.

You know that Neil character sure stays on top of this Chili business. Got an email from him last night/this morning and he was talking about the "Naga Viper" testing at 1.3 million.

I wonder when it will stop? 2 million? 3 million? Crazy stuff.

Now that is a good looking pepper. It makes me think of red hot lava. How man plants do you have of the "Cornish Naga"?Best of luck growing them Paul.

You know that Neil character sure stays on top of this Chili business. Got an email from him last night/this morning and he was talking about the "Naga Viper" testing at 1.3 million.

I wonder when it will stop? 2 million? 3 million? Crazy stuff.

Neil stays on top of the chili world because he has many spies in the camp LOL. I have been speaking to him about my Cornish Naga and told him yesterday about the 'Naga Viper', that's probably how he knew about it!
Not sure when this will stop, but I can see the cross breeding craze continuing for a while yet!

Thanks, I am very pleased with it. Red hot lava is how it feels when you eat one! This year I only have the one plant but have been saving the seeds from each pod (apart from those that were eaten when Leo & myself tested them), so next year should have lots of them growing. If they stay true to this type then of course there will be some seeds available then. :woohoo:

wonder how a 2m scoville pepper be like when eaten. lol. aside from the fact different varieties burn different areas of the mouth...

It wont be long and we will have the authorities trying to ban them. Or the big pharma/seed companies trying to claim and PVP them. One and the same really big money business and govtmints.

sme governments are already trying to control even the backyard grower. that's gonna be the end of civilization as we know it.

Back