• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Guru's 1/8 Acre Fabriculture - 5 yr mothers

Yepper. We've already seen some of them GA trees. :)

Nice looking plot ya got there. Those woods are scary close though. You got any DEER in Georgia? :lol:

Looking forward to your grow this year, and I too LOVE Gusano. Keep me in mind when those pods ripen up. A trade could be in our future.

Hope you have a great growing season.
we got to many deer. I think the coyotes migrations will help with our deer problem. I have a feeling bambi might like chili plants........

we got to many deer. I think the coyotes migrations will help with our deer problem. I have a feeling bambi might like chili plants........

You aren't kidding they do. They have had a smorgasbord of Gusano and White bullets at their beck and call for about 3 weeks now. Deer tracks all over the poly...looks like its time to pull out the bow. I need some meat for the winter :) Overwinter Tutorial coming today guys... Give me a few hours.... :)

Ok. So, I got the over wintering guide up. I can only hope it helps some of you guys wanting to try your hand at it. I think you'll find it as a rather refreshing way to improve your knowledge of these plants.

Well, as you all know, things are starting to cool off now for most of us and the season is dwindling down. While its cooling down outside and I'll be getting the plants pulled in over the next week or two, things will just be heating up in the basement. Between the over wintering and florescent challenge by SS Tuperware, I'll be a busy man this winter.

Oh yeah! Take a look at whats going to get some prime dedicated real estate in the garden next year!

BOOM!
6274939231_c6f8b5b16d_b.jpg

Thanks goes out to Cappy! I think Im gonna give a few of these Brain Strains some 200 gallon air pruning containers to go nuts in! Its been a great year here at THP! I have big plans for next years garden and technique! Stay warm this winter guys :) See you next year.

Ok. So, I got the over wintering guide up. I can only hope it helps some of you guys wanting to try your hand at it. I think you'll find it as a rather refreshing way to improve your knowledge of these plants.

Read through the whole thread, great source of info. Just wondering if you published a specific guide somewhere or if you were just referring to the thread as a whole?

EDIT: found it stickied at the top of forum http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/25596-the-comprehensive-guide-to-over-wintering/ /EDIT

Also got a cutback question, is there a rule of thumb for amount of leaves left on after cutback? 1 or 2 for each main branch?

Read through the whole thread, great source of info. Just wondering if you published a specific guide somewhere or if you were just referring to the thread as a whole?

Also got a cutback question, is there a rule of thumb for amount of leaves left on after cutback? 1 or 2 for each main branch?

Can't speak for pg, but I leave zero leaves. None remaining. As long as you don't kill every node on the stems, they'll give you leaves again.

e.g. This is a manzano from last year about 5-7 weeks after my original cutback and pot down...

Looking lively to me! :) Experiment man! Thats all... It all depends on what you're wanting to accomplish, how long your winters are, how much space you have, how big your containers are, how much light you have, etc. Set a reasonable goal for yourself, this way instead of trying to bite off more than you can chew and getting disappointed, you will have achieved what you set out to. Keep it simple. :cool:

Hey Rich, if you grow all those Brain Strain seeds Cappy sent over, you'll have enough pods to invade a country. A normal person wouldn't even eat one bite out of one pod. A maniac would only grow one plant. For those who grow more than one, I don't have a word for that yet.

Hey Rich, if you grow all those Brain Strain seeds Cappy sent over, you'll have enough pods to invade a country. A normal person wouldn't even eat one bite out of one pod. A maniac would only grow one plant. For those who grow more than one, I don't have a word for that yet.
Well, in due time, well see just what one of these plants can put out! :)

photos are very interesting! i never would have thought cutting back a plant that much would allow it to survive. photos are very helpful as all the words you type can't really convey what a picture can.

yesterday I went out and bought all the stuff to make my own soil. Only thing I could not find was the Mychoraeze innoculant. Any idea where I could find it or is there an alternative to this?

Mycorrhizae you can buy online or any hydroponic store, so many name brands I currently use Great White which is endo and ecto mycorrihizae into my water feeding it was a free sample packet that I got a while back. Peppers only need endo mycorrihizae. Hope this helps

Mycorrhizae you can buy online or any hydroponic store, so many name brands I currently use Great White which is endo and ecto mycorrihizae into my water feeding it was a free sample packet that I got a while back. Peppers only need endo mycorrihizae. Hope this helps

Yup. Fungi Perfecti is a fun one to buy from as well.

Back