• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

music guitar

Very nice Chuk. I'll bet your SG is much kinder to your back than my LP which weights in at just over 10 pounds. Your pick messy? I did notice the Intratech pic on the wall. Fancy a good pistola do you? Looks like a comfy hideaway for relaxing and cooking up ideas.

aaaah guns.(sigh) Glock 9mm, S&W Model 29 .44 w/ 8 3/8" barrel. Mossberg 500 12 gauge pistol grip, Remmington 870 12 gauge composite stock matte black finish, Remmington 700 Alaskan Stainless .375 H&H, Ruger Gold Label S/S 12 gauge.....Fazed Array Laser Rifle in 40 watt Range(just kidding)

Just got myself one of these yesterday:

274115.jpg

Woot!

Nice guitar Chuk. Buy it local or order it from MF or some such?
Let us know how that guitar "gets down with the sickness" on your gigs.

I got it at guitar center. 12 months/ no interest during May.

It's a lot cheaper than I've ever seen a new LP. Key is the natural wood finish...sans maple top. They've been making SGs like this for a while. This sucker, with it's Burstbucker pickups, is a real tone monster. It's a real dream come true.

I can't wait to let it rip at a show. It was a real treat at practice.

well i said i would put up some pictures when i got them, so you can kinda see what im going with here..

effects.jpg

amp.jpg

guitar.jpg

guitar2.jpg

i also have a couple other pedals that im not sure how to work into my chain, nor am i really sure i want / need them now. id still like to play on those tweeds, i bet they sound awesome!

also note - damn these thread movings are getting me confused! i AM a drinker you know!

Good on you Chuk for getting something good from GC. My last few experiences here in LV with them have left me less than thrilled.
Out of the two stores I have visited here while searching for a new V, none of the dozen or so I picked up were playable. One had strings hitting the pickup so I handed it back to the dude to setup and he gave it back a short time later worse than before. Go figure. Alas they are the only ones close by that I can get my hands on the guitar I am interested. Sooner or later I am hoping they will have one set up correctly that I can feel good about purchasing.
BTW I have always liked the finishes showing a bit of wood. Hope it gigs well for you!!

texas- what kind of les paul is that? a vintage one? different kinda pickups than what im used to seeing.

grats on the new les paul chuck! i like mine, but it doesnt suit what i play too much. :( i wish it did, because the feel and sustain on it are unmatched. ah well someday !

Ross, the Black "Puta" Les Paul is a stock 78' Les Paul Pro. Gibson had some leftover Classic bodies and essentially turned it into a 56' Goldtop in black with a better bridge. The pickups are Gibbo stock P90 single coils. More meat than say Fender single coils and more bite than humbuckers. The last few years have seen alot of players especially blues cats, go with the P90'. They sound great with pedals but are best straight into the amp. Set in the middle position you can get a bit of the Fender quack sound. Very versatile overall. I quit gigging the guitar as I can't afford to replace it. Last appraisal on it was $4,800.
I like to be liking este guitaro foreber. Echele Chingaso!

dang, 4800.. yeah id quit playing with that one too. i have my grandad's martin, and it stays in the case. no playing anymore from me. i bet that gibson sounds sweet! i was messing around with my les paul last night in the middle position with some delay and chorus, awesome sounds..

the les paul studios are basically les pauls without the finish right? my buddy in college had one, and the only difference i could tell (apart from his ebony fretboard) was there was no white trim down the guitar, and the finish wasnt that polished paint that the les pauls have. other than that, it was identical. same pickups, and everything. les pauls are a rip off if you buy them new (the standards and up). at 2200 for a standard, i would take a studio for 1200 any day. or a used standard, which is what i got..

chuk hell said:

274115.jpg

Woot!

awesome! i love that finish. i was looking at an lp, but i had already talked myself up about 100-150 bucks when i got the jackson i have haha so i figured i had to draw the line somewhere.

xgrafcorex said:
awesome! i love that finish. i was looking at an lp, but i had already talked myself up about 100-150 bucks when i got the jackson i have haha so i figured i had to draw the line somewhere.

jackson makes good guitars. shred metal guitars at that. id like to get a jackson sometime, but i have decided the next thing i get will either be an es-335 or an epiphone dot (same thing, just not a gibson). damn but i want an ibanez rg series too.....

how do you like that jackson you have? does it sound good? can you play it sitting down? (based on the shape..)

chuk hell said:

274115.jpg

Woot!

Nice, Chuk! That thing weigh a ton like all the other LP's? The LP i had felt like i was wearing a cinder block on me. That was my only complaint with it.

Back