• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

music guitar

so who plays guitar? obviously guitargod does (theres a pic of him playing)

looks like a bass? or is it a guitar?

i agree with you about not being able to learn it all, and thats what makes it awesome. have you heard anything from john petrucci? hes my guitar idol.

I'm typing with one hand right now because my other hand is covered in resin from the harvest and is extremely sicky so i'll type more tomarrow, but....it's a bass in that pic.

imaguitargod said:
I'm typing with one hand right now because my other hand is covered in resin from the harvest and is extremely sicky so i'll type more tomarrow, but....it's a bass in that pic.

haha?

I have a guitar, and I want to learn how to play it. This winter sounds like a good time, I figure in a couple of months of practice Jimmy Hendrix will be asking me for lessons. Ya right.

I so far have a hard time getting my fingers to do what they are supposed to do to get the notes right. That is very awkward, until you get used to it I am sure.

ross said:
have you heard anything from john petrucci? hes my guitar idol.
Ya, I've heard some of his stuff. I found it to be kinda standard. Yngwie Malmsteen, now there's a shredder.

sevver said:
I so far have a hard time getting my fingers to do what they are supposed to do to get the notes right. That is very awkward, until you get used to it I am sure.
Are you having problems pushing the strings down or memorising the finger placement?

My problem is getting the fingers into those positions at all. I just need to practice is all I am sure. Pushing the strings down is not really a problem, but it just seems awkward to get them there and not really natural at all. I have a couple of videos that teach you how to play, now all I need is some dedication and free time. The rest of the good weather will be spent cutting down my flowers and making things winter ready.

imaguitargod said:
Ya, I've heard some of his stuff. I found it to be kinda standard. Yngwie Malmsteen, now there's a shredder.

no wonder you like those naga peppers. you are nuts!

yngwie is fast, nothing more. petrucci makes him look like a pile live. watch some stuff off youtube. in particular stream of conciousness from live at budokan.

petrucci has feel. yngwie, no doubt hes good, but fast isnt always better. take a gander at some steve vai.

me personally, i like petrucci better than vai. im telling you, if you watch enough petrucci stuff you would retract the statement about yngwie. id never say yngwie sucks, but yeah, fast is just boring. you wanna watch fast watch some michael angelo batio, that guy can shred left and right handed.

All of the petrucci stuff I watched are kind of bland. Most of it sounds like the stuff off of his instructional videos. I checked out the stream of conciousness and it kind of reminded me of Orion by Metallica a bit. He's good, but I've seen much better.

Now if you want to tal amazing guitar creativity, check out Paco De Lucia, Al DiMeola, and John McLaughlin stuff....just amazing.

imaguitargod said:
All of the petrucci stuff I watched are kind of bland. Most of it sounds like the stuff off of his instructional videos. I checked out the stream of conciousness and it kind of reminded me of Orion by Metallica a bit. He's good, but I've seen much better.

Now if you want to tal amazing guitar creativity, check out Paco De Lucia, Al DiMeola, and John McLaughlin stuff....just amazing.

thats not even in the same category.

that is like comparing steve vai to jimmy page. there is no comparison.

imaguitargod said:
Yngwie Malmsteen, now there's a shredder.

No way, dude....he's just some schmuck who practiced his scales WAY more than the rest of us did...
Last time i saw him on TV, he was just a pissy fool who's just mad because it's not the 80's anymore

Personally, I've always dug Randy Rhoades and most classical players but lately i've been getting really into Bossanova guitar.
Go watch some old Charlie Byrd stuff and watch a master of his genre strut his stuff.
Oh, and you CANNOT doubt Stevie Ray....EVER.

I'm a drummer!!!

100_0261.jpg

lynn2.jpg

lynn1.jpg

lynnclose.jpg

www.3rdelementband.com

Back