• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

indoor Growing indoors using CFL

np,

I used 2 light fixtures that each have 2 lamps (CFL's) 55W each.
Total 220W (approx. 20000 Lumen)
I used 4000K for growing and 2100K for flowering. I switched to flower lights when the plants where big enough, about 60 cm.

The CFL's are the long U-shaped ones. But any good CFL will do just fine to. I think i gained a lot of advantage using a closed box with reflecting sheeting inside

lee said:
Yeah wide plants better for CFL's.
Also great benefit of pruning and keeping CFL close is that you can get larger yields.

Dont know any write ups about pruning. Maybe someone here on the forum.

or you could tie the plant when its young with plant tie ribbons...

you can slowly train a plant to grow whatever way you want... now some of the information you are going to find is not about vegetables but its still good information..lol

google "tie a plant down"

lee, how big was that naga last year (or before you cut it back) ?

judging from the size of the stem, it had to be a big plant...

sounds like the orange hab I cut back in December 07...it was only about 2 feet tall at the end of the 2007 season and I cut it back and grew it thru the winter...at the end of the 2008 season it was only about 3 feet tall max, probably more like 2 1/2 feet but it was over 4 feet in diameter...

that's the one that produced over 2000 orange hab pods for me....too bad none of my hab type plants made it thru the overwinter process this year...the only ones that may make it are my orange thais...

Sounds like my pilange, AJ. It was 3 or 4 feet in diamter, and just loaded with peppers all the time. On the other pod, a Pimiento De Chiero pepper that I overwintered never came back as strong as it was the year before. It never got as tall or produced as well.

Back