• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

grantmichaels [2013, 2015, 2016]

I'm thinking I might do a glog this time around ...

I'm really good about photodoc'ing, but a little lax w/ posting ...

New arrivals from CCN soaking up the negative ions and perking up after their trip down the Eastern Coast ...

48F29637-B0AE-4F46-AF2B-D8F12045E8F2-3285-00000A1E253CBF22_zpsb946e96f.jpg

Image.jpg

Well, live and learn.  That is 6 10 gallon grow pouches filled, with some room for mulch.

1 3.8 cft bale of promix
10 gallons mushroom compost
5 gallons perlite
25 cups tomato tone
10 cups bone meal
2 cups kelp meal

so I think the bale of premix is around 45 gallons.  

Looks like i will have 2-3 bales too many  :doh:

I share your sentiment, the money doesn't bother me as much as storage.  

Even things tangentially related to the USPS suck ... in my experience, of course. YMMV.

Stamps.com software doesn't run on XP, or on a Mac. So glad I have their starter kit and signed up, will be returning.

Looks like there's some alternatives, Endicia and DYMO that I can look into. I'll do that, but I have to plant out, first. Promix literally just got dropped off, 5 mins ago.

I need to plant juanitos plants, lol. And the CCN's ... and Scuba's, too ...

Mystery Citrus is still coming to all, but I'm sorry it's become a PITA and missed some folks planting window for this season probably ...

Oh, and ... now the train-style dissemination makes full sense ...

No worries Grant. Lol you keep yourself pretty busy. It's like watching a tornado. I'm planning on over wintering that citrus anyway. I'll start it off in the Aerogarden anyway so it will have a kickstart.
I've held onto XP for a long time in the past. Our old CAD printer would only run on it lol. I even built a computer a couple years ago to run it on. Then it (printer) crapped out on us less than a year later. XP was definitely one of the best Windows has done. 7 isn't bad now though. I haven't even tried 8. It looks like I would hate it. I only want an iPad like OS on a tablet, not my desktop.

tctenten said:
If it's not a secret, would love to hear what, and the amount of amendments you mix in.

i would feel irresponsible doing so ... lol ...

i'll take pics of what i mix up, but i'm not comfortable w/ anyone thinking it's worth emulating ...
tctenten said:
If it's not a secret, would love to hear what, and the amount of amendments you mix in.

i would feel irresponsible doing so ... lol ...

i'll take pics of what i mix up, but i'm not comfortable w/ anyone thinking it's worth emulating ...

I mixed up 2 different mixes this past weekend, the only difference was in the ferts I put in. I want to see if there is any difference. I will be doing another batch this weekend and it will probably be a different mix compared to the other 2.

grantmichaels said:
I am releasing the Mystery Citrus, and I have divided up the original seed stock and have some reservations for folks - for one reason or another ...

If your name is below, and you would like to claim your reservation, just reply to the thread indicating it, and PM me an addy ...

10x - Ajijoe (made his available to others)
15x - Rocketman, SoFlo, and Romy (RM accepted, will have the allotment for all parties)
12x - shorerider and bumper and Booma (shorerider accepted, and the others will have access through him if they'd like)
12x - Wicked Mike (accepted)
10x - wayright and buddy (can't PM wayright and buddy made his available to others, not growing (i forgot)
10x - Pfeffer (accepted)
10x - JHP (already has)
10x - filmost (accepted)
9x - hogleg, Scovie, and SL (hogleg accepted)
7x - D3monic (accepted, have addy)
3x - sirex (accepted)
3x - aarontt (accepted)
6x - queuqueg (sp?) and Chewi (QQ accepted, I'll PM Chewi)
6x - HTH and sicman (HTH accepted, will have some for sicman)
6x - FB and tctenten (tctenten accepted, will fwd to FB)
6x - spysee and CAPCOM
6x - JayT and geeme (JayT accepted, will have some for geeme if she would like some)
3x - Red Savina (accepted)
3x - Scuba Steve (made available to others)
3x - PaulG (accepted)
3x - oldsalty (accepted)
3x - Jamison (accepted)
3x - CH73 (accepted)
3x - SmokenFire (accepted)
3x - BigB (accepted)
3x - Essegi (reducing grow, made available)

Need to package:

4x, 12x - juanitos and coach (juanitos accepted, coach can get SASBE from him if wishes)
3x - Ozzie2001 (accepted)
3x - meinchoh (accepted)
3x - Yellowfin2na (accepted)
3x - Sawyer (accepted, I think?)
3x - Rymerpt (TD)

If there's multiple names, I'm hoping I can mail the seeds to one of the two and have them forward the difference on to the other person.

The idea is to get the seeds into VERY varied people's hands ...

I'm weighting towards people whom I feel I've noticed to be "hubs" of genetics, or who I feel will be a fan or steward of it getting a foothold and perpetuating ...

I'm also weighting a little bit heavier for the expat folks ...

It's not a good plant for powder producer etc, as the pods are a pita to pick and deal w/ - but the flavor is definitely there, and I've tried a lot of pods and powders from a lot of members in the past 4 years - none of which tasted like these ...

In fact, I'm only saving 10 of the original seeds for myself, but I am sending a bit more to Florida folks than everywhere else - to try to make sure there's some seed stock in the area =) ...

"If you love something set it free" and all that jazz ...

PS - you can defer your seeds to a different member, or you can defer them to the other person listed in your allotment too. Anything unclaimed after a while, I'll make available to others ...

Cheers!
thanks grant for passing them on I hope the person who got them enjoyed them

Let's see ... kitteh just ate the top half of a new plug, and mauled the other two a bit as well ...

Nothing's re-potted yet, and some of my plugs I've been maintaining as shipped for over a month =)

Haven't shipped out Mystery Citrus ...

Haven't deployed or planted AG yet ...

Algae and powdery mold crept into play this week for my little Mystery Citrus and Mystery Wine plants indoors, and I haven't been able to do anything about it yet, still ...

First summer style rain drenched my plants right after I watered them, so they look a little bit unhappy w/ wet feet ...

Gotta love it =) ...

Normally I wouldn't be very busy at work at this time of year, but this year it's slammage ...

Back