• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

grantmichaels [2013, 2015, 2016]

I'm thinking I might do a glog this time around ...

I'm really good about photodoc'ing, but a little lax w/ posting ...

New arrivals from CCN soaking up the negative ions and perking up after their trip down the Eastern Coast ...

48F29637-B0AE-4F46-AF2B-D8F12045E8F2-3285-00000A1E253CBF22_zpsb946e96f.jpg

Great packaging for sure.  I have been wondering how to
pack plants for shipping, so I'm bookmarking that post!

Grant, what amendments do you add into your promix? I was going to try and mix my own, but time just doesn't permit it, so I picked up some promix bx. Just trying to figure out if just tomato tone and maybe some bone meal are enough, and at what rates?

tctenten said:
Grant, what amendments do you add into your promix? I was going to try and mix my own, but time just doesn't permit it, so I picked up some promix bx. Just trying to figure out if just tomato tone and maybe some bone meal are enough, and at what rates?
How much promix did you pickup? 60 pound bale? 

I will be using a pair of bails of BX ...

I use diatomaceous earth + great white myco, and will probably just mix in maxi-bloom this time ...

I'm spread into too many interests to get very serious about the grow this year, and it's definitely secondary to brewing beer, at least!

I'm growing them perennially under shade using only reflected light, I think ...

This year's experiment is an attempt to grow the plants slowly, but w/o the stress of the full summer sun ...

There was a serious dearth of available SFRB this past years in the classifieds area, so I bought some plants ...

Actually, what really happened is that Chris sent me some Mystery Wine pods some months ago, and of course I retained the seeds, and was going to just grow those ...

Then it became just grow those and the Mystery Citrus ...

Then I had plants coming from juanitos ... and then seeds from CHS ... and then more plants from scuba_steve ... and then CCN ... and now there's 50x, lol ...

juanitos soil mix dries out in like 6 hrs here, lol ... you've never seen high drainage soil until you've seen jaunitos soil ...

grantmichaels said:
There was a serious dearth of available SFRB this past years in the classifieds area, so I bought some plants ...

Actually, what really happened is that Chris sent me some Mystery Wine pods some months ago, and of course I retained the seeds, and was going to just grow those ...

Then I had plants coming from juanitos ... and then seeds from CHS ... and then more plants from scuba_steve ... and then CCN ... and now there's 50x, lol ...

juanitos soil mix dries out in like 6 hrs here, lol ... you've never seen high drainage soil until you've seen jaunitos soil ...
Hahahahahah, water ban!

grantmichaels said:

Once I actually get my plants outside, I am going to update my seed/plant list.  If everything goes well I will have way more than I can ever use (still have some in freezer from last year).  Will gladly send you down any varieties you want to try. 

Back