• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fun Chile Growing Competition

Txclosetgrower said:
I'm looking forward to this one :(

Hehe.... I wonder if there's prize for the smallest Big Jim :lol:

I just got my hydroponic kit this weekend. I'm going to try to grow one plant hydro and another plant in soil.
I also plan to get a few 54watts T5. And maybe get a T5 Gro lux and Actinic :hell:

The way things are going now I will be growing the most expensive peppers in the world!

darlochileman said:
With 2007 still a few weeks away, check out how many entries we have got from around the world so far. The competition is going to be really tough this year.

http://www.thechileman.org/bigjim.php

VCome on you Brit's!!!

Mark :(

Don't worry Mark, the postage will be cheap this year, you'll only
have to send the trophy to the West Country to sit in my Chilli House ;-)

Tony.

Nice to see some more North Americans this time, I don't feel so lonely. I see one participant in the U.K. already has a guinness record for largest tomato plant, and they sell hydroponic set-ups.:( The challenge is getting interesting early on. I can hardly wait till summer when Guinness comes knockin' on my door.

My Views

I just like eating hot things and trying new sauces out. I don't have the time to care for plants unfortunately. It's cool that alot of you guys and gals grow chili's. I wish I had the time. I would like to grow the Naga Moriches that way I could make myself a 1 MIll pure SU sauce like CA Johns has done with the red savina.

BTW I have Tried Talon this weekend and it's probably as hot as we can get naturally and has a good flavor. It is similiar to pure arson or red savina garlic by mild to wild pepper as well as Ignite and the Legend by Ca Johns, however Talon uses the Fatalii in it which I do like. Something differerent I guess.

Cheers,

darlochileman said:
Hi Guys,

Following on from the huge success of 'The Whippets Tail Challenge', Im delighted to announce our new fun competition for 2007, the Big Jim Challenge - Guinness World Record attempt!

The Numex 'Big Jim' is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the producer of the largest Chile pods ever grown. The current world record is a gigantic 13.5 inches!!.

I believe the pepper is very common in the states and Im sure that most of you will have grown it at least once.

Do you have a secret soil mixture which you think could propel you into the Guinness Book of Records? Do you enjoy the banter of a friendly competition? Would you like to represent your Country & take on the Brits, Finlanders, Canadians & Italians etc ?

If so why don't you enter our free competition and who knows you may be the winner of the 2007 Chileman Trophy or one of our fantastic runners up prizes.

Even if you don't win, you'll have good fun growing these big beauties which are also excellent for making Chile Ristas as well as delicious Chile Rellanos.

Remember this is a non serious event and is suppose to be a bit of fun!!

Check out www.thechileman.org for further information

Mark :(

habman said:
Hehe.... I wonder if there's prize for the smallest Big Jim :hell:

I just got my hydroponic kit this weekend. I'm going to try to grow one plant hydro and another plant in soil.
I also plan to get a few 54watts T5. And maybe get a T5 Gro lux and Actinic :(

The way things are going now I will be growing the most expensive peppers in the world!

Nice man. I'm getting some t5's for christmas, just the 28 watt like 2 foot ones. And i'm gonna try a hydro setup too. What style of hydro did you decide to go with? I'm torn between deep water culture & aeroponics. I'll most likely be building whatever one I go with myself. Hydroponic dorset naga...mmmmmmmmm

Txclosetgrower said:
Nice man. I'm getting some t5's for christmas, just the 28 watt like 2 foot ones. And i'm gonna try a hydro setup too. What style of hydro did you decide to go with? I'm torn between deep water culture & aeroponics. I'll most likely be building whatever one I go with myself. Hydroponic dorset naga...mmmmmmmmm

Got a baby bloomer ebb and flow from american hydroponics.
It comes fully equip ... well almost. Darn thing is way too big.
I think I'm going to take the parts and build myself a homemade system.
But that's another thread in itself!

Back