• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

fertilizer Fertilizers? Yes, No, Routine

Is it possible to over feed with natural fertilizers, composted goat maure in my case this year, or will the plant "take what it needs" without the typical N problems?

caroltlw said:
Is it possible to over feed with natural fertilizers, composted goat maure in my case this year, or will the plant "take what it needs" without the typical N problems?

Yes, it is possible, especially if the manure hasn't been really well composted. If you know the goat poo is high nitrogen, you might want to work it in the garden in the fall to give soil microbes more time to break it down further, or you might want to add other soil amendments that would bring up the PK numbers.

Yeah, some of the pellets are a little "fresh" and some is more like dust. It's mixed with straw and sitting on top of my leaf compost layer, which is on top of some sandy FL soil. I was thinking of tilling it in, but my friend said just leave the goat stuff on top or between the rows and the rain will wash it down into the soil slowly. I guess I'll test it on a few potted plants first and see how the react.

Back