• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

movies Favorite black and white movies

Charlie Chaplin movies are some of the coolest black and white flicks ever...most are absolutely hilarious! Watch "Modern Times"...that guy was a genius!

TheJollyRancher said:
Charlie Chaplin movies are some of the coolest black and white flicks ever...most are absolutely hilarious! Watch "Modern Times"...that guy was a genius!

I watched it today, and I was laughing so hard. I've never watched a movie without dialog before. Any of his other movies you recommend?

I also watched "The Battle of Algiers", and it was an excellent movie. Surprisingly unbiased account of an extremely bloody revolution. Normally films like that demonize one side and make the others out to be heroes, this one shows it as people just doing what they have to.

Not black and white but I also watched "Blade Runner". I had never seen this one, and it was pretty damn good too. Not really my favorite kind of film but still I enjoyed it.

Up next: either Der Untergang(Downfall), Ed Wood, Spirited Away or Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Can't decide what I'm in the mood for.

Txclosetgrower said:
This weekend I watched Casablanca, Sunset Blvd., two hitchcock movies: Psycho & Rear Window, & one of stanley kubricks earlier movies: The Killing

I missed this post.

Sunset Boulevard and The Killing are both incredible. Highly recommended.

The 2 Hitch films are of course classics.

Too many to list...
Stranger Than Paradise
The Third Man
Double Indemnity
The Lost Weekend
Down By Law
Un Chien Andalou
À bout de souffle
Alphaville
Sunset Boulevard
The 400 Blows
...To Skin a Cat (hehe)