• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Christmas Dinner, whats in your plans?

Done, Shrimp Quiche, Ghost pepper as Spice.

HiNuJyQ.jpg

My Aunt Bettys recipe for curry and chai.  She was a missionary nurse in Pakistan for 20 years mid 60's to 80's.  We always asked here where the camel meat goes lol.  She passed but was a remarkable woman.

texas blues said:

Whats the sauce on top?

Tartar?

Like THP said..

Chia Pet?

Who am I kidding anyhow.

Its got shrimps in it.

There are people that would strangle their next door neighbor for that.

Maybe I've said too much.
Spinach dip, sour cream etc.. Thanks!

The Chinese ultra long distance Olympic team trains on the bike path here, guess for the elevation. I hope they get some cool meals like this one day out of the year. They look like they are just chiseled out of stone. They tell cyclist, passing on the right haha. 

Realize this standing rib was almost 10lbs and only serving 3. The 3 ribs made it hard to cut into smaller slices and we like ours with the bones.

Only seasoned with Himalayan pink "rock" salt, pepper and a little garlic.
AoQFdap.jpg

It came out at exactly 120F and then covered for about 30min. Next time its coming out sooner. End cuts were slight more done than i like. Temps rose to over 135F just resting covered with foil and a towel.
51SEvYI.jpg

Portobello caps sauteed in the drippings/shallots and made into a gravy.
PfCOrin.jpg

BP0kyqp.jpg

Dad won the flip for the center cut.
e5z6kPo.jpg

Me and my brother got the ends. He smothered his in the portobellos.
Qw7xHLv.jpg

DCeCvds.jpg

And so it begins again this year. 8.5lb standing rib 3 bone. Wanted a 4 bone but this one looked better and the other big one that looked really good was over $100. Aged for 10 days in the fridge. Rubbed down in avocado oil, fresh cracked Tellicherry black pepper and super coarse pink himmy salt. Serving it simple with baked russets and Asiago cheese garlic bread heavy on the garlic with just a little domestic Sartori Parmesan.
g8pVJlm.jpg

Back