• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Big Smoke Weekend

oldsalty said:
How 

How long you smoke those for D ? They have nice color and they look just like mine come out . curious if are smoke times are the same. those are cold smoked?

Nah, smoked at around 200 on top racks of the gas smoker. I think they was in for 2 hours or so. 

D3monic said:

Nah, smoked at around 200 on top racks of the gas smoker. I think they was in for 2 hours or so. 
 Haha brother hogleg liked that one. 
Nice i run mine at 180 4 to 5 hrs get the same looking result maybe a touch darker. Nice job brother.

D3monic said:

Did you try any of the ones I sent you? I like the largest one but the small ones taste like pequins as far as I can tell. I just deseeded a bunch for next year. 

Was there anything unmarked that looked similar? There was a unmarked medium sized one that tasted incredible. Much better than the others. I saved seed from it separately and marked it as "great flavored" Goatsweed X Pequin. It kinda reminded me of a small orange thai with its in your face annuum perfume. Tasting like rose petals smell.

Sorry for the high :high: jack Salty, but I bean meaning to get back at D about this.

hogleg said:

Was there anything unmarked that looked similar? There was a unmarked medium sized one that tasted incredible. Much better than the others. I saved seed from it separately and marked it as "great flavored" Goatsweed X Pequin. It kinda reminded me of a small orange thai with its in your face annuum perfume. Tasting like rose petals smell.

Sorry for the high :high: jack Salty, but I bean meaning to get back at D about this.

I think there was a handful of the one I have going in the greenhouse. Larger than the others Kind of carrot shaped. I really like them too, got a sweetness to them. 

nEQP99w.jpg

I picked them at Bowers.  I know, I know, they are not official as they are not grown in NM, but they are still Hatch.

Back