• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Big Smoke Weekend

Thanks everyone was so gooooodddd  man i wish you all could have one with me :)
Ok here's my favorite use for this beef.
First i mix a nice portion of the pulled chuckie and the caramelized onion's  well.  Then  butter and pan toast my rolls. Next  i add beef and onion to pan with butter and a dash of olive oil. and brown and crisp the beef mixture both side's. For this one good old American cheese for all my American Cheese lovers i've seen here lately :)   
Drop 3 chicken embryos cook over easy to medium Y'all know what i'm talkin about. cooked but nice and runny. Add cheese to beef top with eggs and add a giant splash of Brother ShoreRider's  SkullBurner
heat seeker. And brother i've got to say i love this will be drinking it like some drink beer all the Time Wow. 

Ok This sammie beats any i've ever made i poked my knife down the middle to allow the yolk to run through. Hop ya like it.
IMG_20160927_190143.jpg

IMG_20160927_190229.jpg

IMG_20160927_190455.jpg

IMG_20160927_190337.jpg

IMG_20160927_190757.jpg

IMG_20160927_191031.jpg

IMG_20160927_191122.jpg

IMG_20160927_191303.jpg

IMG_20160927_191317.jpg

IMG_20160927_191103.jpg

D3monic said:
They just cheap little boneless ones

bYthgLw.jpg

my spice blend of garlic, onion, black pepper, creole seasoning and aji inti flakes. Mostly toppings salad with mush, cuc, garlic butter crutons, french fried onions, bacon bits and "spicy" habanero ranch dressing. 

UTXGrGX.jpg
Very nice looking plate D3, my kind of food.

Ozzy2001 said:
Ribs are smokin'
Mmmm, looks smokin' (geddit :rofl: ) Ozzy, ribs are one of my favorites to Q. Have you seen the metal rib racks you can get?

Here's mine -
20151224_105446_1_edit_1452917131337.jpg

Makes cooking more ribs easier. It's best to flip the ribs mid cook so you get even smoke/heat distribution. Probably not the ideal method to smoke ribs, but the final result didn't last long, the only complaint was that there weren't any left.

oldsalty said:
Thanks everyone was so gooooodddd  man i wish you all could have one with me :)
Ok here's my favorite use for this beef.
First i mix a nice portion of the pulled chuckie and the caramelized onion's  well.  Then  butter and pan toast my rolls. Next  i add beef and onion to pan with butter and a dash of olive oil. and brown and crisp the beef mixture both side's. For this one good old American cheese for all my American Cheese lovers i've seen here lately :)   
Drop 3 chicken embryos cook over easy to medium Y'all know what i'm talkin about. cooked but nice and runny. Add cheese to beef top with eggs and add a giant splash of Brother ShoreRider's  SkullBurner
heat seeker. And brother i've got to say i love this will be drinking it like some drink beer all the Time Wow. 

Ok This sammie beats any i've ever made i poked my knife down the middle to allow the yolk to run through. Hop ya like it.
attachicon.gif
IMG_20160927_190143.jpg 
attachicon.gif
IMG_20160927_190229.jpg 
attachicon.gif
IMG_20160927_190455.jpg 
attachicon.gif
IMG_20160927_190337.jpg 
attachicon.gif
IMG_20160927_190757.jpg 
attachicon.gif
IMG_20160927_191031.jpg 
attachicon.gif
IMG_20160927_191122.jpg 
attachicon.gif
IMG_20160927_191303.jpg 
attachicon.gif
IMG_20160927_191317.jpg 
attachicon.gif
IMG_20160927_191103.jpg

Great food as always brother, that egg yolk would be delicious soaked up with the bread and other ingredients. A kind of second sauce of sorts. 

That beef looks killer, it would have so much flavor you could simply eat it between two crackers and still be in heaven. Glad you're enjoying my sauce mate. 

SR. 

Shorerider said:

Mmmm, looks smokin' (geddit :rofl: ) Ozzy, ribs are one of my favorites to Q. Have you seen the metal rib racks you can get?

Here's mine -
20151224_105446_1_edit_1452917131337.jpg

Makes cooking more ribs easier. It's best to flip the ribs mid cook so you get even smoke/heat distribution. Probably not the ideal method to smoke ribs, but the final result didn't last long, the only complaint was that there weren't any left.

I've seen those. I actually didn't intend on doing 6 racks. I didn't realize the packs had 3 instead of 2 lol. It was a last second engineering fix lol

Nice OS, very very nice!!!  The first one I mean.  You can take those unborn chicken fetuses and throw them on the ground.  I have a question, a serious one, and anyone can chime in here.  Here, the French Dip I have always seen made with a Top or Bottom Round roast cooked to MR, chilled (refrigerated) and then sliced as thin as possible on an Italian roll with usually provolone cheese.  It is then dipped into the au jus.  I am curious if you used the chuck roast because of the more fat content, but even more curious about the chunky rather than sliced.

I loved OS take on the french dip.  Smoked/braised/shredded with the onions and cheese and jus....  Just wow man.  Next day egg sammie even better, though I'd have to take a nap before considering anything trivial, like work.  :)

For me french dip has pretty much been thinly sliced rare roast beef, on a crusty baguette type roll served with a side of jus.  Cheese usually isn't on it (though cheese is great with me too).  It's the french equivalent to an Italian beef sammy.  

JayT said:
Nice OS, very very nice!!!  The first one I mean.  You can take those unborn chicken fetuses and throw them on the ground.  I have a question, a serious one, and anyone can chime in here.  Here, the French Dip I have always seen made with a Top or Bottom Round roast cooked to MR, chilled (refrigerated) and then sliced as thin as possible on an Italian roll with usually provolone cheese.  It is then dipped into the au jus.  I am curious if you used the chuck roast because of the more fat content, but even more curious about the chunky rather than sliced.
hahaha i know no EGGS :)    Yeah as brother smoked pointed out you are correct except for the cheese no cheese on FD but i love the cheese and onion on mine. It's how i roll.  hehehe 
About the beef you are all correct but as smoke pointed out just my take brother. You usually don't smoke the beef but nothing smokes like a brisket or chuckie when it comes to beef. The flavor is amazing and by letting the chuck warm in the broth adds the most amazing beefy smoky flavor to the broth. Try my version you won't look back. Also great for Po Boy's  yuummmm  :)
SmokenFire said:
I loved OS take on the french dip.  Smoked/braised/shredded with the onions and cheese and jus....  Just wow man.  Next day egg sammie even better, though I'd have to take a nap before considering anything trivial, like work.   :)

For me french dip has pretty much been thinly sliced rare roast beef, on a crusty baguette type roll served with a side of jus.  Cheese usually isn't on it (though cheese is great with me too).  It's the french equivalent to an Italian beef sammy.  
Yeah brother for the egg eater's of us that thing CRUSHED IT could be my favorite break sammy of all time. Thanks Brother !!

Oh I am all about your version, just trying to gain some knowledge.  I think it would be awesome with some spicy bbq and a good vinegar slaw.

OH hey ShoreRider i wanted to thank you to Brother the egg yolk just melted in there crazy good. And the beef would be great on crackers or just munching a hand full hhahahaha  Have been killing the rocoto loco :)

JayT said:
Oh I am all about your version, just trying to gain some knowledge.  I think it would be awesome with some spicy bbq and a good vinegar slaw.
When i usually do the smoked beef i serve with my sweet heat vin sauce this is along with my red cabbage vin and citrus slaw  nice kick in the slaw works great on beef not a big fan of mayo slaw. 
Oh and i know you liked my version sorry if it came off that way  Brother  :)    Was just trying to relate my thought's on the proces .  I'm just Crazy   :dance:

Back