• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

movies BEST and Worst movies....lately.

i wasn't crazy about the last one either. it was ok but didn't hold a candle to say alien, aliens, or predator.

the new one looked cool in the previews, and yea..seemed to be filled with blood, guts, and death. kinda seems like it will be just a bunch of action that doesn't really require much thought to follow. :lol: not saying that it wouldn't be enjoyable. just doesn't seem too deep i guess you could say.

either way, i'm gonna watch it because i'm a fan both series of movies. might have to wait for the dvd to be available though.

I'm a fan too. Predator 2 has been on tv a lot lately. It was os awesome just because they didn't have Arnold in the second one! I was blown away!

I love the alien series too. The "resurrection" was a little too off the wall at first, but I have come to love it.

I knew the first AP movie would be bad when they brought back that Bishop guy in .....Again! I know, I know the other ones were droids, but how frigging long did that guy live? and was that the only kind of droid ever made?

Watched:
Sunshine Fantastic Sci-Fi. Thick atmospheare & I rather liked the slasher type ending, most people didn't so I've read.
Shoot'Em Up What could have been a GREAT movie is just so so. I still enjoyed it, but the action felt alittle stilted to me, almost like he thought himself outdoing John Woo only to pull himself back so that would not happen.
Children Of Men Don't know why it took me this long to see this movie, what an outstanding flick.
& Lastly

Addio Ultimo Uomo A Mondo film from 1978. It had Italian audio only, no subs, but do you realy need subs or English when watching a Mondo film! One of the better ones I've seen, pretty frick'n gross at times.

if you're a "Saw" fan "Saw IV" is a great movie! they did a much better job than the last one "Saw III" which I thought was dumb.

as for "Resident Evil, Extinction" such a let down! IMO. oh why did they leave the tried & true method from their 1st - nonstop zombie killing with some good background music :lol: thats action packed. "Extinction" is not action packed.

Thats a shame CH. The first 2 are kind of my "guilty secret" films. I know they aren't great, but I watch them whenever they are on!(between kids and work etc. I never get to see more than 15 minutes at a time)

Anyone seen Cloverfield? It looks like blair witch meets Godzilla. The separation factor is huge...by that I mean either it is great or it sucks uncontrollably.

cheezydemon said:
Thats a shame CH. The first 2 are kind of my "guilty secret" films. I know they aren't great, but I watch them whenever they are on!(between kids and work etc. I never get to see more than 15 minutes at a time)

Anyone seen Cloverfield? It looks like blair witch meets Godzilla. The separation factor is huge...by that I mean either it is great or it sucks uncontrollably.

I've heard it blows. Hard. Like five star BLOWS

Somebody here at work was talking about a class action suit against the studio that put out that trash.

Lol, there seems to be an adverse reat=ction by some people that gets motion sickness. I have read a review by someone who had to step out of the theater to throw up, but who actually liked the film.

Just because people are vomiting doesn't mean the film is bad. (wierd as that seems)

Best: RAMBO-This kicked all kinds of ass. The best action movie in the last 15+ years & much better than the parts 2 & 3, IMO. It is a must for all action fans.

Worst: Good Luck Chuck, My gawd I lasted about 15 min in this one.

cheezydemon said:
Lol, there seems to be an adverse reat=ction by some people that gets motion sickness. I have read a review by someone who had to step out of the theater to throw up, but who actually liked the film.

Just because people are vomiting doesn't mean the film is bad. (wierd as that seems)

Really? i might just have to check it out then....especially if it makes you react like you're on a roller coaster. That could be amusing indeed.

I recently watched "I am Legend" and, well, really, STOP MAKING REMAKES.
This was Hollywood's 3rd attempt at this story. personally, apart from the ketchup blood, Charlton Heston's version, "the Omega Man" was pretty good. Will Smith is overrated.

As for the best I've seen recently, I dont know whether it counts, but the Family Guy movie from the start of season 6, where the rip off the Star Wars movie is prettty good.

ring sting said:
For sick ass comedy I gotta go with "Meet The Feebles" as an all time favourite.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meet_the_Feebles

Also, by the same director is "Bad Taste" a blood splatter movie worth a mention. Some of Jackson's best.

Amen! And I know it has been mentioned, but also by those sickos:
Dead Alive - the singularly most god awfully kick ass movie of all time!!!!!

It is far superior to Bad Taste IMHO (but to each their own!)

It sets the bar for :
gore[/I]...(Our hero charges through a room of zombies armed with a running lawnmower),
irreverent ass kicking..(upon seeing the zombies coming to life in his church yard, a priest screams "I kick ass for the Lord!!" and rips off his cassock to reveal Kung FU style pajamas. He then proceeds to execute impressive hand to hand destruction)
mind blowingly sick endings....watch the damn movie, I don't want to give it away.

I guess this thread has become nothing more than a critic thread of movies they've seen recently.
well here goes,

doomsdays 2012 - DUMB!!! I only rented it because wordwiz was talking about the 2012 end of the word thing so I was curious. wordwiz dont worry it'll be just fine all that needs to be done is have a woman give birth on a table in a mayan temple - it'll reverse the affects from all that cosmic stuff ;) :lol:

gone baby gone - 2 thumbs up, it was a very good movie! I think it'd fall into the drama catagory it'll keeep you guessing.

ring sting said:
For sick ass comedy I gotta go with "Meet The Feebles" as an all time favourite.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meet_the_Feebles

Also, by the same director is "Bad Taste" a blood splatter movie worth a mention. Some of Jackson's best.

Hallelujah! Bad Taste, Feebles, and Dead Alive are Peter Jackson's three greatest films. My friend and I once debated whether those movies would be better or worse if he had the type of budget he had for TLotR series for his first three movies. The answer we came up with was "no way".

I actually have a .wav file of "I kick ass for the Lord!" on my computer, I hear it every time I turn it off.

Back