• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

movies BEST and Worst movies....lately.

While it would be great to hear the best and worst movies ever, that would create much debate and so start your own thread. My best and worst LATELY.

Best - "Shaun of the Dead":) ingenious.

Worst - "Howard's End":( Ahhhhh....(drools)no plot...no plot!

Howard's End 1992... lately?? :cool:

touristiea (sp?) is a alright movie, makes you not want to go on vacation in south america :P:cool:

I know these are a little old but IMO they're really good, both "underworld" movies :cool: 2nd is better, the begining scene is :P as is the rest of it.

I'm into movies that most people(at least here I would think) have never heard of
Best: WATERPOWER (1977) yes it's a old movie, but new to me. Jamie Gillis is fantastic in this flick, not for the faint of heart.

Worst: THE TEASER (1973): Something Wierd Video put this one out, staring a young RENE BOND, but never lives up to it's beginning.

If those are too obscure for you

Best: Hot Fuzz: not as good as Shaun Of The Dead, but still fantastic.

Worst: Reno 911: Miami............BLAH complete & utter garbage, zero laughs.

Chris Kewley said:
Worst: Reno 911: Miami............BLAH complete & utter garbage, zero laughs.
It was worse than any of the Police Academy sequels.

Chris Kewley said:
I'm into movies that most people(at least here I would think) have never heard of
Best: WATERPOWER (1977) yes it's a old movie, but new to me. Jamie Gillis is fantastic in this flick, not for the faint of heart.

Oh good lord!!! :hell:

Not gonna go there....nope, not here.

I thought HOT FUZZ was awesome...better than SHAUN OF THE DEAD...maybe.

Really looking forward to 3:10 to Yuma. I love westerns!

chuk hell said:
Oh good lord!!! :hell:

Not gonna go there....nope, not here.

Really looking forward to 3:10 to Yuma. I love westerns!

Yea...I don't blame you!!!:lol:
& yes 3:10 to Yuma sounds fantastic, hopefully it plays a cinema near me.

the worst movie i ever saw was that one with nicolas cage in it where he was an ambulance driver. i couldnt even finish watching it. i dont even know the name of it

the best movie ive seen recently was 300. and i rented it on netflix. i never go to the theater, its a waste of time and you pay all of those morons in Hollywood so they can buy cocaine and have it in their own pocket and say it wasn't theres.

ross said:
the worst movie i ever saw was that one with nicolas cage in it where he was an ambulance driver. i couldnt even finish watching it. i dont even know the name of it

the best movie ive seen recently was 300. and i rented it on netflix. i never go to the theater, its a waste of time and you pay all of those morons in Hollywood so they can buy cocaine and have it in their own pocket and say it wasn't theres.

Brining Out The Dead is the movie with Nicolas Cage & I quite liked it. Not great but not bad.

ross said:
well it is bad enough it would make the dead die again

Nicholas Cage. He is a lesson in how not to do it. He started with:
Wild at Heart - awesome
Raising Arizona - another freaking classic
Com Air - .....uhhhhh what?
The Rock - .........
Face Off - ?????(who told him he was an action star???)
More action movies, etc., etc.

I like a good action movie, but he was GOOD in those first couple of roles! What happened?

cheezydemon said:
Nicholas Cage. He is a lesson in how not to do it. He started with:
Wild at Heart - awesome
Raising Arizona - another freaking classic
Com Air - .....uhhhhh what?
The Rock - .........
Face Off - ?????(who told him he was an action star???)
More action movies, etc., etc.

I like a good action movie, but he was GOOD in those first couple of roles! What happened?

I personally think that Cage was awesome in The Rock and Lord Of War.

gardenkiller said:
I personally think that Cage was awesome in The Rock and Lord Of War.

Have you seen wild at heart? I am not saying that you are wrong, I am just saying that IF you had seen it (which you haven't since we are having this talk) you would see that, yes, he is pretty damn good. But if you had seen his earlier work, you would have thought that he was destined for better roles than stallone or schwarzennegger. Do yourself a favor and check out Wild at Heart.

I love all of David Lynch's movies. I just ordered INLAND EMPIRE and can't wait to see it. I wish LOST HIGHWAY would get a R1 release.

chuk hell said:
I love all of David Lynch's movies. I just ordered INLAND EMPIRE and can't wait to see it. I wish LOST HIGHWAY would get a R1 release.

I am with you! Lynch is great. But no one else could have played that role(Wild at heart, sorry I will get over it here momentarily) as well as Nicholas Cage did. It wasn't just that it was a david lynch movie, he was well cast. Anyhow....

You can't buy Lost Highways? Since I have been married and had 2 kids I don't buy too many movies anymore. (Except teletubbies, Harry Potter, etc.)

cheezydemon said:
I am with you! Lynch is great.

Speaking of Lynch....i broke out my dvd of Blue Velvet the other night and laughed myself to sleep with it. And i just picked up Phantasm for $4.99. I'll be cracking up to that one tonight!

Air Guitar Nation, fantastic doc.

Sarah Silverman Jesus is Magic, WHY is she so popular. OK she's a good looking lady, but if I'm to watch a women on a stage, her clothes better be coming off. Horrendously UNFUNNY .

Back