• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Begin! TOAST Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm neurotic already.....what is toast?...Wiki - Toast is bread that has been browned by exposure to radiant heat. This browning reaction is known as the Maillard reaction. Toasting warms the bread and makes it firmer, so it holds toppings more securely.

Maillard reaction....radiant heat....what the hell is that??

If I cut a slice of bread and fry it in duck fat, Is it technically fried bread and not toast..?....:eek: or is any bread with a 'toasted looking exterior' OK as toast??

R :eek: :eek: ZE

Uh oh... I think another posse is brewing... or it's a gang called the East WA.

Welcome to the throwdowns Scoville DeVille.

I think it is time that I step up and win one of these wire to wire. This seems like a good one for me to do that. PA Posse represent!

....since I don't have access to my attorney over the weekend I guess I'll just have to wing it and go with the WIKI definition of TOAST .....

Ok I'm finishing up my ingredients list and getting the various cooking apparatus organized. I've had to do a slight rethink already since my first design wouldn't fit in the oven. Now I have to go out and see if ACE Hardware rent welding equipment.

Just making some last minute checks....the white stuff in the bottom of the oven is salt, from the last oven fire, about 2 days ago. :woohoo:

1oven.jpg

Uh oh... I think another posse is brewing... or it's a gang called the East WA.Welcome to the throwdowns Scoville DeVille.

The East WA Posse is a sub-charter of the Northwest Posse, who are all charter members of the THP Posse. Note- the Northwest Posse includes most areas of the West Coast by default.
;)

Ok I'm finishing up my ingredients list and getting the various cooking apparatus organized. I've had to do a slight rethink already since my first design wouldn't fit in the oven. Now I have to go out and see if ACE Hardware rent welding equipment.Just making some last minute checks....the white stuff in the bottom of the oven is salt, from the last oven fire, about 2 days ago. :woohoo:
1oven.jpg

Rooze- just take it all to your local pizza parlor. If it won't fit into THAT oven....the rest of us might as well not bother with the meal and just drink all weekend. :lol:

Remind me never to use the flash when I'm taking shots of the inside of my oven....duh...what was I thinking :crazy:

SalsaLady, that's not a bad idea of yours....though when I roll up with the welding equipment there might be some resistance from the guy at Domino's pizza :eek:

Remind me never to use the flash when I'm taking shots of the inside of my oven....duh...what was I thinking :crazy:

SalsaLady, that's not a bad idea of yours....though when I roll up with the welding equipment there might be some resistance from the guy at Domino's pizza :eek:

Why do you need the welding equip? I thought you just needed a bigger oven.

:lol: ^^^

DTS get in on this with your pumpkin bread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back