• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Hometown Hot Dogs Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time lurker here...couldn't resist this throwdown..so I present the....

Columbus Ohio Demolition Dog

Ohio gave America its first hot dog in 1900. Harry M. Stevens created the popular dining dog.

DSCN4047.jpg

Ingredients:

Hot Dogs
Bunz
Bacon
Harissa
Nacho Cheese Sauce
Guacamole
Habanero Cheese
Jalapenos
Salsa
Skyline Chili Sauce
Sriracha Chili sauce
Crushed Tostitos

Peppered bacon with Jalapenos ready for the oven

DSCN4048.jpg

Dogs in the cast iron getting ready...

DSCN4053.jpg

Bacon with Japs onto the bun to keep my dog warm and cozy...

DSCN4054.jpg

Cheese, guac, salsa, sriracha, and harissa please..

DSCN4059.jpg

Skyline chili cheese sauce, I'll pay for that in the morning...

DSCN4062.jpg

Close it all up...
DSCN4064.jpg

And...

DSCN4065.jpg

I need some better photography skills and a better camera, but you get the idea. I now feel liberated that my 1st throwdown is behind me!

Guess it was only a matter of time until someone jerked the dog :rofl:

Yes I did it Mahn and Im so glad I did. The sweet of the goodies and the savory flavor of the dog was well, excellent and just the right amount of heat too.

P2K Glad to see that great lookin grubbage. Lobster Dog, DAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNN!!!!

So many awsome lookin dawgs, how are we ever going to make a decision?
Oh, and SO waiting to see what my Flo State Brothers on the SoFlo side of the state are going to come up with.

Wow! There are some mind-blowing wiener entries! The ideas are very creative. I think hot dogs will be on the menu all week around here. Good luck to all - gonna be hard to choose a "weiner". :dance:

Thanks logchief. When I thought about my favorite foods growing up, it seemed like a natural. Surprised I never thought of it before.

Midwest, way to go. There's nothing better than a rellano with a NuMex chile and a dog to boot. :dance: :dance: :dance: Heaven forbid this is gonna be a tough Sum #$%^^ to vote for.

Lanark, double corkscrew Maple whiskey cheese dogs

I live near a small village name Lanark in Ontario and lets just say its a little off the beaten path. Maple syrup and Canadian whiskey are a part of life around here

I started with pork shoulder and ground it twice very fine, then I mixed my spices and cure very very well. Here's most of the ingredients in the pic. Not shown are the buns, the Canadian club rye whisky, and the pickled jalapenos. I'll edit post to include ingredients better when I become soberer
sausage potawie 003 by potawie, on Flickr

Lightly smoked for about 4 hours with oak. See the cheese and hot/black pepper flakes in the big smokey?
sausage potawie 008 by potawie, on Flickr

Now I spiral cut them, grilled them, then slathered them in home-made pickled jalapenos and some fine Canadian white cheddar curds. There's also cheddar curd mixed into the dogs. Collagen casings were removed
Here it is, the double corkscrew
sausage potawie 021 by potawie, on Flickr

Welp, it's highly unlikely I'll get all this done in an hour and 50 minutes. It's sad that the Fresnokie Dog will be unqualified for this fine contest. Here's the ingredients.

002-4.jpg

So, I'm Fresnan and I'm of Dust Bowl stock. Also there is an awful hotdog stand in LA I used to frequent called Okie Dog. Their version of the Okie Dog is 2 dogs on a tortilla with pastrami and chili. Pretty gross, but really you go to the Okie to people watch rather than eat. So in Fresnoing it up I grabbed fresh chili fixins and some fresh pods for a pepper relish to tuck into the tortilla along with some pepperjack cheese. How does that make it more Fresnoey? Easy, it gets friggin HOT around here! When it's 114 outside you suddenly realize that you're par-cooking and hopefully when you bite into these dogs your mouth will feel the same!

Lanark, double corkscrew Maple whiskey cheese dogs

I live near a small village name Lanark in Ontario and lets just say its a little off the beaten path. Maple syrup and Canadian whiskey are a part of life around here

I started with pork shoulder and ground it twice very fine, then I mixed my spices and cure very very well. Here's most of the ingredients in the pic. Not shown are the buns, the Canadian club rye whisky, and the pickled jalapenos. I'll edit post to include ingredients better when I become soberer
sausage potawie 003 by potawie, on Flickr

Lightly smoked for about 4 hours with oak. See the cheese and hot/black pepper flakes in the big smokey?
sausage potawie 008 by potawie, on Flickr

Now I spiral cut them, grilled them, then slathered them in home-made pickled jalapenos and some fine Canadian white cheddar curds. There's also cheddar curd mixed into the dogs
Here it is, the double corkscrew
sausage potawie 021 by potawie, on Flickr

Nice I want those curds for poutin. Think you need proof of life, and is that actually a hot dog?

EDIT: Never mind on the proof I see it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back