• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest April is Ramen Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
ooooooooooo, this is going to be good. I'm in on this one...only because I found 39c USD stuck to Uncle Ted's but cheek as he got up from the floral patterned sofa...

BTW, how many dishes can we make? Just one? For example, can I use three different kinds to make like appetizer/dinner/dessert?

Let's stick to one course please. Using one flavor but can use multiple packages.

Seriously, I'm done answering tonight. :lol: NOT LOOKING

So happy our ramen here is .18 a package or I get the whole case of 24 for $3...... anyway so excited!!!!!

Megan is gonna kill this one. Good Luck!!!!

ITS GOIN' DOWN IN THIS MOTHER LOVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might have to finally enter if I can get a camera, I already know how to repurpose the ingredients. I've got to stop watching Chopped!

"Instant Ramen" if you have this and it costs about .39 USD, this is it. If you can't get it then you can't enter.
In Australia we don't use the term ramen, we usually call them 2 Minute noodles, but there the same thing. they just say 2 minute noodles on the packet instead of ramen.

close enough?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant_noodles

"Instant Ramen" if you have this and it costs about .39 USD, this is it. If you can't get it then you can't enter.
April is Ramen Challenge-- this is your title- Why is price relevant? After all, we all live in different countries. Instant ramen here is amazing for 39c.

Here we go again. Boss, I think Bootsie needs his own special tiara...

He is just trying to explain to you what the Ramen we are all supposed to be using is. It is the prepackaged cheap instant noodles with a spice packet. The price is irrelevant. Do not make this harder than it needs to be everyone.

I don't think price has anything to do with it. THP was just trying to explain what the april TD is.

This is what it is...

I'm sure you must have a similar product in Korea. In fact, I live 1/2 block from a Korean grocery store, and they sell it. There is just different writing on the package. Other than that, it's the exact same thing. Same as TheFanMan's link, just different writing on the package.

edit: JayT beat me to it as I was watching youtube vids....

Yeah, basically I think he was just trying to point out

IT'S A CHEAP PACKAGE OF INSTANT NOODLES WITH A SEASONING PACKET, and used Top Ramen merely as an example. "CHEAP" is key here, not the actual price. Top Ramen is just a common brand here in the U.S. - no one expects peeps in other countries to necessarily have the same brands. So get a cheap packet of instant noodles with a seasoning packet, and get your game on!

Cheap-shot Jay T- I think it was a fair question. I guess, you think you are centre of The Hot Pepper world. This TD, is a site is for all , not a clique. Whether you like it or not. Are you implying I'm gay?? Anything wrong with being gay mate? Oh, you are a funny boy.

I don't think price has anything to do with it. THP was just trying to explain what the april TD is.

This is what it is...

I'm sure you must have a similar product in Korea. In fact, I live 1/2 block from a Korean grocery store, and they sell it. There is just different writing on the package. Other than that, it's the exact same thing. Same as TheFanMan's link, just different writing on the package.

edit: JayT beat me to it as I was watching youtube vids....
I think you put in a much better way, thank you.
you mean these!!!

Yeah, basically I think he was just trying to point out

IT'S A CHEAP PACKAGE OF INSTANT NOODLES WITH A SEASONING PACKET, and used Top Ramen merely as an example. "CHEAP" is key here, not the actual price. Top Ramen is just a common brand here in the U.S. - no one expects peeps in other countries to necessarily have the same brands. So get a cheap packet of instant noodles with a seasoning packet, and get your game on!
Thanks Geeme - a civil and decent fella to the end. I'll bring the game al right. I'm looking forward to whipping up a storm. I don't need no Crown, but I'll take one, or I'll settle just to finish above some. Participants shouldn't be allowed to vote, it'll make it fairer, I think.Or, we should know who voted for whom.

Cheap-shot Jay T- I think it was a fair question. I guess, you think you are centre of The Hot Pepper world. This TD, is a site is for all , not a clique. Whether you like it or not. Are you implying I'm gay?? Anything wrong with being gay mate? Oh, you are a funny boy.
Try to chill, Bootsieb. The pink tiara reference is a long-standing thing on the TD threads, referring to "Drama Queen", not "gay". Basically any time someone gets worked up about something that's not really a big deal, the pink tiara reference comes out. Instant Ramen is not really a big deal, and nor are the TD's. Yes, everyone is pretty competitive, but the REAL point of the TD's is to have fun, learn a bit about cooking, and see how creative we can be. If this was a serious cooking contest, it would be a heck of a lot more involved, with more detailed rules, than it is. We poke and prod at each other in the spirit of competitive fun - yeah, you may be in Korea, but I guarantee you my Ramen will whup your Ramen's tush - but it's all in fun, not mean.

Since you posted before I did - You can hit the View link next to the names of each entry in the voting threads to see who voted for whom.

And I'll thank you to refer to me as a CHICK in the future, rather than a FELLA! :lol:

Got it bro- I wasn't worked up, I'm just a pernikety bugger.I understood what he meant and I like, he gets wound up too. We call it sledging.

LOL, still at it? (Ignoring what she said, and then changed mate to 'bro'
You're from the UK yeah? People from other countries don't get it, plus it doesn't translate via text on forums so well, so we have to play nice with the Americans. They have guns, a lot of them.
The way cricket is played, I bet if there was an american team, they'd all be concealed carrying and not put up with sledging :D

But anyway, looking forward to what people can come up with using instant noodles, because I can't think of anything interesting. I would just make pad kee mao and call it job done personally, so while tempted to enter the african TD, can't see anything that would get any votes for me here. But I will follow and see if someone does do something amazing (only to lose due to it ending up being a popularity contest anyway). edit: Yeah, that's a 'sledge', but for a 'sledge' to work there has to be a little bit of truth in it.

smiley-scared004.gif
Is it safe to chem in or do I have to
smiley-scared007.gif
????????????

LOL, still at it? (Ignoring what she said, and then changed mate to 'bro'
You're from the UK yeah? People from other countries don't get it, plus it doesn't translate via text on forums so well, so we have to play nice with the Americans. They have guns, a lot of them.
The way cricket is played, I bet if there was an american team, they'd all be concealed carrying and not put up with sledging :D

But anyway, looking forward to what people can come up with using instant noodles, because I can't think of anything interesting. I would just make pad kee mao and call it job done personally, so while tempted to enter the african TD, can't see anything that would get any votes for me here. But I will follow and see if someone does do something amazing (only to lose due to it ending up being a popularity contest anyway). edit: Yeah, that's a 'sledge', but for a 'sledge' to work there has to be a little bit of truth in it.
you so funny and brave- I'm a Sheep shagger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back