• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting AJs Fourth Harvest 07-05-09 (Meager as it may be)

Fantastic. Those peppers look great AJ! It was a revelation for me to realize that it can get too hot for the peppers to produce. Prior to my discovery of this forum I always thought that when it came to temperatures for raising peppers - the hotter the better. We are usually mid to high 70's here in the Summer with a few weeks into the 80's middle of July to August. I've always thought that the peppers would do better with more heat. Guess not...? Anyway, AJ, awesome looking harvest. You're a real inspiration to a small time operator like me.

Still a nice Harvest there My friend and the weights are always enlightening for each variety,Something most folks would not think of :)

PrairieChilihead said:
We are usually mid to high 70's here in the Summer with a few weeks into the 80's middle of July to August. I've always thought that the peppers would do better with more heat. Guess not...?

With those summer temps your pod production should last through the summer. Definitely NOT too hot. ;)

talas said:
... the weights are always enlightening for each variety,Something most folks would not think of :)

I started weighing mine too - out of curiosity and for making concentrate. I was surprised how many habs it takes to make 1 lb. No wonder they want $6.99/lb for them!

Thanks again all...

imaguitargod said:
Very nice harvest. So, did you taste the Passow Piqranos yet?

ate one this morning with my sausage biscuit...great taste and a good burn...more than I expected...

talas said:
Still a nice Harvest there My friend and the weights are always enlightening for each variety,Something most folks would not think of :)

the chocolate habajolokias are growing, just slowly...I am wondering how much this 100F heat is effecting them since you developed them in a much more temperate environment...

Back