"A Weber like never before."

grantmichaels said:

Me either. I don't even see how it's worth it at half-off, truthfully.

It really feels like a cash grab based on name brand only...to people who have more money than sense (which there are a lot of heh).  But to each his own!

I am guessing they are not the same but the price point is CRAZY on all 3 if you ask me. I'll take it if it is gifted to me but until then I'll use what I have already :) 

fiveohmike said:

It really feels like a cash grab based on name brand only...to people who have more money than sense (which there are a lot of heh).  But to each his own!

It would be a departure from Weber's historically customer-friendly nature, but it's suspect ...

I'd like to see some cooks to see if the proof is in the pudding ...

fiveohmike said:
As I said...I may be biased though....you would have to pry my egg from my cold dead hands.
Yeah I know many that love an egg but again for that money it better come with a Wagyu cow. I also hate the non mobile factor, we all have our vices and toys :)

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Yeah I know many that love an egg but again for that money it better come with a Wagyu cow. I also hate the non mobile factor, we all have our vices and toys :)

Hey my egg is mobile...its an XXL egg....and me and a couple of buddies power lift that bitch into the back of a truck and take it to the tailgate parties for the 49ers game :)

If you want it made it China I'm sure they'll sell it to you for $399. But then you'd complain it was made in China. Weber is Made is USA and pays employees well, and you get a quality product.

The Hot Pepper said:
If you want it made it China I'm sure they'll sell it to you for $399. But then you'd complain it was made in China. Weber is Made is USA and pays employees well, and you get a quality product.

Good luck finding a post of mine where I 'proudly' declare Made In America ...

I'm more of a Made in Europe guy, I'm afraid, truth be told ...

I need to see the cooks to see if it seems worthwhile ...

I'm not touting that just saying. It costs a lot partly due to that. Quality items can be made in any county that's how I shop. Ferrari's a pretty good car. ;)

However mention China and BBQ grills and you get a bunch of posts about them falling apart and lead. So most people would not want them from China at least, from what I gather.

tctenten said:

I wait for Grant to post it, then I buy it.   The only thing I regret is the damn Pizza kettle.   
You should regret the 18.5 not the pizza kettle :) 
fiveohmike said:

Hey my egg is mobile...its an XXL egg....and me and a couple of buddies power lift that bitch into the back of a truck and take it to the tailgate parties for the 49ers game :)
My uncles smoker is mobile as well, as long as you have a truck capable of hauling it. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
You should regret the 18.5 not the pizza kettle :)

Yes...The people at Pizza kettle said it was fine for the 18.5....but in reality it is not.   So that one is on pizza kettle not Grant.  

tctenten said:

Yes...The people at Pizza kettle said it was fine for the 18.5....but in reality it is not.   So that one is on pizza kettle not Grant.  
Truth be told, I drank too much while putting mine together and assembled it for the 18.5 hahahahha - redo!

tctenten said:

I wait for Grant to post it, then I buy it.   The only thing I regret is the damn Pizza kettle.   

Nobody asked me how I felt about mine, or noticed that it was put away after only two uses, LOL ...

It was the holidays and everyone bought theirs in a matter of days ...

I would have suggested the Blackstone: http://amzn.com/B00CELFJ4A

Lots of kamado-pizza guy's bought and prefer their $300 Blackstone ...

I'd turn over my kettlepizza for a Uuni or Blackstone in a heartbeat ...

The kettlepizza works, but it wouldn't be my 1st choice ...
FWIW, same company that makes TB's beloved griddle - http://amzn.com/B00DYN0438

grantmichaels said:

Nobody asked me how I felt about mine, or noticed that it was put away after only two uses, LOL ...

It was the holidays and everyone bought theirs in a matter of days ...

I would have suggested the Blackstone: http://amzn.com/B00CELFJ4A

Lots of kamado-pizza guy's bought and prefer their $300 Blackstone ...

I'd turn over my kettlepizza for a Uuni or Blackstone in a heartbeat ...

The kettlepizza works, but it wouldn't be my 1st choice ...

All true.......

I am actually perfectly fine with mine, two cooks on it and zero issues. used two logs for 4 pies and temp was only an issue for a few minutes due to massive winds and cold but dampers fixed that. I'll use the steel lid next time but first make sure my damn wood fits through refuel holes :) 

I am looking forward to cooking a steak on it at those temps. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I am actually perfectly fine with mine, two cooks on it and zero issues. used two logs for 4 pies and temp was only an issue for a few minutes due to massive winds and cold but dampers fixed that. I'll use the steel lid next time but first make sure my damn wood fits through refuel holes :)

I am looking forward to cooking a steak on it at those temps. 

Are you cooking on your WSM or your kettle?  I have no way to add wood in the 18.5 unless I lift the rack off.  

Back