10 Burner Garland

:eek: That's a really nice looking stove.You will be able to make gallons of hot sauce.I was thinking about 1/4 steel plate for the griddle  too.Just make handles out of round bar or 1/4 plate too.This year I'll be using a wood stove for canning and sauce making. :cheers:

You'll need a decent sized hood installed for safety, here's a rule of thumb...

The rule of thumb for gas stoves is that the range hood needs to remove 100 cubic feet per minute for every 10,000 BTU’s of burner output. (Gas ranges vary widely in energy output; consult your stove’s manual for the energy rating per burner, which will be in BTU’s, Dr. Shaughnessy said.) So a gas stove with 50,000 BTU’s of total burner output would need a range hood that can accommodate 500 cubic feet per minute. Err toward a stronger vent if you frequently do Asian-style or stir-fry cooking. source

Or total the most burners you'd use at once, but I would not mess around w/o a hood with that beast. Dangerous.

pepperguy1 said:
:eek: That's a really nice looking stove.You will be able to make gallons of hot sauce.I was thinking about 1/4 steel plate for the griddle  too.Just make handles out of round bar or 1/4 plate too.This year I'll be using a wood stove for canning and sauce making. :cheers:

Thanks. I am going to use 1/4 inch plate for the griddle. I will not have any handles. It will have a 2 or 3 inch lip on 3 sides and a grease crud tray in the front. The steel is gonna cost about $55 and I'm gonna have a guy in town weld it up for me. Probably another $25. That thing will be a beast also.
Cool on using the wood stove. I know an old lady that uses one to bake her bread in.
The Hot Pepper said:
You'll need a decent sized hood installed for safety, here's a rule of thumb...

The rule of thumb for gas stoves is that the range hood needs to remove 100 cubic feet per minute for every 10,000 BTU’s of burner output. (Gas ranges vary widely in energy output; consult your stove’s manual for the energy rating per burner, which will be in BTU’s, Dr. Shaughnessy said.) So a gas stove with 50,000 BTU’s of total burner output would need a range hood that can accommodate 500 cubic feet per minute. Err toward a stronger vent if you frequently do Asian-style or stir-fry cooking. source

Or total the most burners you'd use at once, but I would not mess around w/o a hood with that beast. Dangerous.

Thanks for all the info. To be honest I hadn't thought about the hood yet. I just have myself to cook for so usually 3 burners is the max, but more then likely it would be 1 or 2 burners. I will start researching hoods tonight. The few time I have used it already it has warmed the kitchen up nicely . When it comes to canning this next summer and fall a hood will definitely be needed. At least I own my house so I can put in the biggest meanest vent hood that I can afford.

You should not only for safety but to catch the grease, no hood = dirty walls/ceiling with that beast lol. But the carbon monoxide/dioxide as well, people die heating their homes with the oven on and oven door open so it's a real threat especially with commercial size ranges like that. ;) #icare 

The Hot Pepper said:
You should not only for safety but to catch the grease, no hood = dirty walls/ceiling with that beast lol. But the carbon monoxide/dioxide as well, people die heating their homes with the oven on and oven door open so it's a real threat especially with commercial size ranges like that. ;) #icare 

Thanks for looking out for me. Due to the fact that I live in rural Kansas it will be hard to get a commercial hood around here. There are a couple of diners that have gone out of business in some surrounding towns that I might check out. If that doesn't pan out I will get two 30" or 36" hoods. They are affordable and are easily shipped to my location (BFE) . 

Back