10 Burner Garland

This morning I bought a used 10 burner Garland stove with a double oven.  All the burners are 25,000 BTU. That's right 250,000 BTU's on the cook top. This will really come in handy during canning season. This thing is old (1960's) . It is in very good shape. It has spent it's whole life in a basement of a church in Esbon ,Ks . This thing is a beast.It is 5 foot long. Even with everything removed that could be taken off I bet it still weigh over 400 pounds.

They are going to redo the basement floor at the church and this had to go. When I asked them how much they said "make an offer". I offered them $100 and said they needed to provide the help to load it. They jumped all over that offer. So now this beast is in the back of my truck under a tarp. It will probably be a week or so before I bring it in. I have to move the fridge to the pantry now since this thing is so long.

I have gone through 2 computerized stoves in the last 6 years. I am done with them. This stove should last me the rest of my life. I can't wait to get that bad boy in here and bake some bread.

PICS!!!!  You are soooooo fortunate to get ahold of a stove like that.  

maybe some day.....:sigh:............

I will get some pics taken when it comes inside. I can't believe that I got such a good deal on it. I do have to move the fridge and some cabinets, but it is so worth it !

salsalady said:
PICS!!!!  You are soooooo fortunate to get ahold of a stove like that.  

maybe some day.....:sigh:............

The Hot Pepper said:
Congrats... post pics, you may need panoramic mode.

Here is the pic from their listing.It needs a little cleaning but overall it is in very good shape.

r1lgs7.jpg

That thing is a BEAST for sure, congrats !

I passed on a 6 burner mint condition antique gas stove 2 months ago. We don't have gas at our house so I passed on the stove/oven. And the worst part is my neighbor was going to give it to me for free.   :cry:

Man, I'd be wasting so much food with that thing. I'd cook just to cook and be breaking out the 5 gallon pots for soup and the big roasting pan for a 20 pound roast....just because it would fit.
You know....you can buy a flat top that would fit on 4 burners or 6.

SavinaRed said:
That thing is a BEAST for sure, congrats !

I passed on a 6 burner mint condition antique gas stove 2 months ago. We don't have gas at our house so I passed on the stove/oven. And the worst part is my neighbor was going to give it to me for free.   :cry:
It's too bad that you had to pass on that stove. There is nothing like cooking on gas.

salsalady said:
Man, I'd be wasting so much food with that thing. I'd cook just to cook and be breaking out the 5 gallon pots for soup and the big roasting pan for a 20 pound roast....just because it would fit.
You know....you can buy a flat top that would fit on 4 burners or 6.
I hope to have it in the house next weekend.I have to move cabinets in the kitchen and the pantry (the pantry is a whole room off the kitchen).The first thing I'm baking some bread and making a huge pot of chili, I am going to get a griddle for it. I was thinking a 4 burner one. What would you recommend steel or cast iron?

That's tough ... they both require an immediately-after-use maintenance process to keep it from being a PITA ...

I was down on my CI experience and added a bunch of SS in my life this past year, and it's really not better at all, it's just different ..

I'd say go w/ whatever one resonates more with you ...

One is naturally non-stick in the beginning and becomes less so over time (SS), and the other comes poorly non-stick and improves greatly over time ... in my experience, anyways ...

The SS ends up getting burnt unto, but when you want to soak it, you end up pitting it at the water-line of the soak ... and if the soak sits long enough to evaporate, the pitting line becomes a pitting ring ... and if you let it too a long time, that ring becomes a pitted cylinder ... and so on and so forth ...

:CHEERS:

I didn't know there were chioces. All I know is whatever every commercial kitchen has. Has to be cleaned with a brick, then green pad, and oiled.

grantmichaels said:
That's tough ... they both require an immediately-after-use maintenance process to keep it from being a PITA ...

I was down on my CI experience and added a bunch of SS in my life this past year, and it's really not better at all, it's just different ..

I'd say go w/ whatever one resonates more with you ...

One is naturally non-stick in the beginning and becomes less so over time (SS), and the other comes poorly non-stick and improves greatly over time ... in my experience, anyways ...

The SS ends up getting burnt unto, but when you want to soak it, you end up pitting it at the water-line of the soak ... and if the soak sits long enough to evaporate, the pitting line becomes a pitting ring ... and if you let it too a long time, that ring becomes a pitted cylinder ... and so on and so forth ...

:cheers:

salsalady said:
I didn't know there were chioces. All I know is whatever every commercial kitchen has. Has to be cleaned with a brick, then green pad, and oiled.
i like cast iron since that is what I cook with and I know how to take care of it . I guess I will have to go research my options.

I finally got the Beast in the kitchen and hooked up. This is sure a beauty. I cooked some honey layered biscuits,bacon and eggs on it this morning. Seeing this thing with all 10 burners going is an awesome sight. I am going to make a 4 burner griddle for it out of 1/4 inch plate steel. I am also going to put a steel plate in one of the oven racks to cook pizza's on. I love this thing.

The%20Beast.jpg

salsalady said:
Beautiful!  
I agree

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Looking forward to seeing some CI on that beast!

Here is all the ci that I own. All of it is Lodge except the small skillet which is Wagner.

beast%20ci.jpg

grantmichaels said:
I try not to covet ... but that's big pimpin' in ways that are hard to repress away ...

:cheers:

I had dreams about that stove last night. I woke up early just to cook something on it. I'm in Love!

Back