• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. May Day brief shower last night, keeping the temp cooler. Baby layettes to assemble for those less fortunate, then back to the basement de-hoarding. A few iris are beginning to show colors, it’s nice not to have hail.
Have a great day. Enjoy the beauty of Spring.

Good morning. It's 67F on its way to 72F. Breezy, cooler, cloudy with the never-ending T-Storms. @Catherine: Our Iris and lilacs have been blooming for a couple of weeks. It's been a good year for them. I've got one meeting at 0830 this morning and then I'm done. Most likely futzing after that. 1 week until plant out. Homemade subs tonight. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Harry, our season is definitely behind yours, maybe due to elevation? Lilacs are just beginning to bloom. Most iris are beginning to bud with only a few in bloom so far. They usually show colors the last 2 weeks of May into June. I’m hoping with all the moisture we will have lots of colors this year. If your wife may want to trade iris, I’d be up for that.

Good morning. It's sunny and 59F, on its way to 88F (RF 92F). Forecast calls for "very warm". Ya think?, lol. Worked on the little tiller for several hours yesterday. Replaced fuel lines, fuel filter, air cleaner, spark plug - still won't start. On to the junk heap it goes (until I get froggy and want to play with it some more some day, ha). So, I pulled out the 20"? walk-behind tiller. I haven't used it in several years because it's a beast to handle. After a few pulls, it started right up. Took it to the garden and ran it for an hour or so. It's STILL a beast, lol. Got a little something done. Going to hit it again in a little bit. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there and don't forget to use sunscreen!

Look what I found:

futzing def.jpg

Good morning. 39-73F, still too cold at night for planting. I got the swap plants labeled for next week, on to starting to harden the small peppers and tomatoes. Coffee group, a few errands, then a bit of basement cleanup. Looks like a nice day to play in the garden.
Enjoy your day. Remember those less fortunate, save time for yourself. Stay safe.

Good morning. It's 53F on its way to 76F. Today is supposed to be nice. Starting tomorrow, we're back to rain and severe storms for the foreseeable future. Got all the plants hauled outside early this morning. Hopefully they'll enjoy their day in the sun. Mowing this afternoon .... but first, I need to get fuel. Grilling a pork loin this evening. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 64F, on its way to 82F. Got 2 rows built and ready to plant yesterday. I think there will be 10 rows, so I guess I'm 20% done? ha. Need to water all the plants today, then probably back down to the garden for some more shovel work. Hope everybody has a freaky good Friday. Be safe out there and have a great day.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 64F on its way to 66F. Cloudy and not as warm with T-Storms in the area. Not a good day for outdoor activities. I'm going to watch the early PL match and then I'm making a big breakfast. Got a couple of slabs to smoke today. Not much else is happening. Hauled the starts out but if it's going to storm, I'm going to have them haul them back in :banghead:. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. 35-65F, WX says no rain. Potted up most of the late seedlings for next week’s swap. They are tiny but may do OK. The other trays got some outside shade and wind yesterday, just starting to acclimate. Good thing we have 2-3 weeks before planting them.
Serious basement cleaning now that all the seedlings are potted. WAM - what a mess.
Have a great weekend. Stay safe and hydrated.

Good morning. It's overcast and 52F, on its way to 60F. Calling for occasional showers today. Got about an inch of rain overnight. We need rain, but that puts garden shovel work on hold. Finished 3 more rows yesterday, so that's 50% done. Yay. Have errands to run today, then home and futz with plants. Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Stay safe out there and don't splash in too many puddles.

Good morning. It's overcast and 51F, on its way to 72F. Calling for periods of rain today. Futzed with plants yesterday, but didn't run any errands. That's on today's agenda. After that, home and watch some golf this afternoon, hopefully. Then, off to the Mexican restaurant to celebrate. Happy Cinco de Mayo, everyone! Be safe out there and watch out for those margaritas.

Happy Cinco de Mayo! It's 53F on its way to 65F. Watching the morning matches and then doing some required online training (job stuff). Fiesta this evening. Chipotle chicken and tacos. Got some Victoria chilling in the fridge. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. 45-70F, dry for a few more days. Mexican lunch or dinner for Cinco de Mayo, then more garden cleanup. Hubby removed most of the dried weeds piling up in the garden bin, and now I see ‘free’ gold to add to the garden. Still not ready to till, WX has rain on our weekend docket - during the swap. I don’t want extra weeds to remove until I’m ready to plant.
Enjoy your day. Stay safe and healthy. Celebrate the day with family.

Good morning. Over cast this morning. I think something may have changed with mobile hot pepper version. This is the first time it’s let me on in awhile. It’s usually a blank grey screen. iPhone

Son is off to Denver for military physical. Some gardening this morning for me and tidy up the house a bit.

Anyways, have a good day. Hispanic friend said she would come over and celebrate Cinco de Mayo with me. lol
So probably cooking Asada on the disco or something.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Back