• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

snack-food Tobasco Chipotlie

This is a product I purchased from a store in my quest to increase my heat tolerance and explore the world of heat.

Tabasco-large.jpg

Product for review is "Tobasco Chipotle" hot sauce.

Ingredients: chipotle peppers, distilled vinegar, water, salt, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, spices, natural flavors, TOBASCO Brand pepper pulp (distilled vinegar, red pepper, salt)

I will comment on the following:

Flavor/Smell (1-10)
Heat (1-10)
Value (1-10)

Smell: The first thing you notice upon removing the cap is an intense smokey smell and vinegar (not a big fan of vinegar filler). 3/10

Flavor: The overall flavor is rather bland with the taste of smoke and vinegar taking over, I don't taste the garlic or onion (powder form so will be quite weak) flavor wise it's okay could be much better honestly but I can see some uses in making bbq sauce with it for the smokey component. 4/10

Heat: The heat is...very quick and very low...really low, now I know my heat tolerance isn't that high yet so when I say there is no heat then...really there isn't. (I'll point out that some batches/bottles can be weaker than others) 1/10

Thoughts: It's okay if you like smokey flavors but don't expect much in the other aspects of the sauce.

I don't mind it. It's definitely not great great or anything but as far as Tabasco sauce goes, I personally reckon it's by far their best! It's the only one I will touch.

Oh yeah, definitely not heat tolerance building material either.... :lol:

You get points for having Calvin as your avatar.

Another product is coming soon stay tuned folks, same spicy channel, same spicy time.

It's not very hot, but of all of the Tobasco brand products this is the one I would use by choice (as opposed to it being the only thing on the table)

I think it has a nice rich smokey flavor and good balance between the heat & snappiness.

its not too bad but BUFFALO BRAND is far better

a truly great chilpotle from mexico, very dark,thick and good heat, flavor is outstanding

thanks your friend joe

its not too bad but BUFFALO BRAND is far better

a truly great chilpotle from mexico, very dark,thick and good heat, flavor is outstanding

thanks your friend joe

I too like the buffalo.

The BEST "chipotle" I've had is Howling Dog Hot Sauce...Joe makes a really good smoked pepper sauce. Doesn't have that cliche flavor - it's very very good.

I should clarify, if you are looking for some heat this isn't it. If you want a smokey flavor with your food this is the product for you. Also batch to batch there is a chance of getting that one weak bottle.

I like it too, I find it goes well with many things. Bufalo is also good and very cheap, just a little thick and hard to pour

This is a product I purchased from a store in my quest to increase my heat tolerance and explore the world of heat.

You can't expect heat when the box says "Smoke Without Fire." And then to rate is poorly for heat is not fair.

I'm sure any sauce can vary in heat due to peppers being slightly different but I honestly think it would be so minuscule you could not tell a difference. With the quality control at Tabasco I am sure the peppers are inspected carefully to insure consistency. But you didn't get a bad batch, you just didn't know what you were getting.

I've never thought Tabasco Chipotle was vinegary, I like a tangy sauce. I've noticed a "vinegar is bad" school of though due to vinegary sauces. To me, vinegar makes the sauce, you need the tang, it just has to be balanced to where you say "nice tang" not "ohhhhhhh yuck, vinegar."

For the record this sauce is usually in my fridge. It's got a great consistency. Not as thin as Original, but not thick. It's got that consistency you need when you shake it on nachos it runs down through the layers and doesn't sit on top.

Uses: When you want tangy chipotle flavor. Add another sauce or peppers for real heat.

Oddly, their Chipotle Hot Sauce is the one sauce by them I don't like. Some kind of metallic overtones I taste anything chipotle, however I do like chipotle's en adobo. As far as consistency, Tabasco brand anything is as consistent a product as any I've ever run across. I know exactly what I'm getting in every bottle. It might be a sin but I love Tabasco Green.

TB that metallic taste is most likely a bitterness from the smoking process (similar to the characteristics of char). To me it's not metallic but I think this is what you are tasting and saying is metallic. "In adobo" has more sugar which can neutralize that bitterness.

Just a thought.

Oddly, their Chipotle Hot Sauce is the one sauce by them I don't like. Some kind of metallic overtones I taste anything chipotle, however I do like chipotle's en adobo. As far as consistency, Tabasco brand anything is as consistent a product as any I've ever run across. I know exactly what I'm getting in every bottle. It might be a sin but I love Tabasco Green.

Their Tobasco jalapeno (green) is my second favorite. That was the first tobasco product that I really liked.

And for the reason that THP mentioned - the balance between the snappiness and the flavor was much better (to me) than their previous regular tobasco product. I also like a sauce that has a bite to it in terms of vinegar, but for me I think it compliments some peppers better than others. Jalapenos, Serranos - I love it. For habs I think it overpowers the subtlety so I like a milder vinegar (it's why I started using cider vinegar for my fresh hab sauces). Tobasco is fermented, so I think it's lactic acid, but regardless, the point holds - it's all acidity and some flavors are better enhanced by more or less.

I also agree about the consistency - the Tobasco chipotle is slightly thicker than the others - grainy almost. It has a texture that the others lack and I wish the Tobasco Jalapeno had it.

I THINK QUITE POSSIBLY THE BEST IS STILL WHEN YOU BUY A CAN OF IT IN ADOBO SAUCE PUT A LITTLE WATER TO IT IN THE BLENDER AND VIOLA CHILPOTLE SAUCE!!

YOU SGHOULD TRY IT YOU WONT BE SORRY!!

OH AN I HAVE FOUND THAT THE "LA MORERO" SEEMS TO BE THE BEST

THANKS YOUR FRIEND jOE

Hey I found a pic of Joe's keyboard!

keyboard-capsoff.jpg

:rofl:
40,000 COMEDIANS OUT OF WORK AND YOUR TRYING TO BE FUNNY!!LOL :P

yeah i suck as a typist and should look at the screen when im typing, but thats not happening, maybe this is why my typing teacher just pushed me through the class, he didnt want me back again LOL :rolleyes:

Back