• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense My Peach Habaneros have no heat!!

my friend is the originator of the first peach hab and there very hot and very tasty, yours look differant than his, his are stout and more rounded yours are longer, could have something to do with the strain?

not sure if i helped or not

thanks your friend Joe

im pretty convinced theyre not peach habs..... :think:
i,ll have to do some investigating into where m freind got this from. its got me curious as hell now to find out what they are...

jeez ..... me fail english??? thats unpossible!!

im pretty convinced theyre not peach habs..... :think:
i,ll have to do some investigating into where m freind got this from. its got me curious as hell now to find out what they are...

jeez ..... me fail english??? thats unpossible!!
i dont think they are either
i would guess there some sort of seasoning pepper like trinidad yellow or red ,except there peach?

they could be a cross of some sort also ;)

keep in touch im interested to know

ITS kinda funny how small the world is, im close personal friends with James Weaver of Kutztown ,Pennsylvania USA the inventor of the original strain of Peach Hab, he is credited on the German site SEMILLA DE

OH AND BY THE WAY YOUR ENGLISH IS JUST FINE

thanks your friend Joe

My old mom wanted a Pepper without heat.
So I got some seeds from a local friend, and was told that it was a Peach Habanero without heat.

And it was completely without heat, I did not think it tasted very good, maybe because I expect the heat when mention Habanero

DSC_0031-1.jpg

DSC_0027-1.jpg

Pink habs for sure.

Fourth would be to reframe from using nitrogen rich fertilizer, nitrogen promotes foliage growth.(reducing yield) You want to feed with a potassium , phosphorus based fertilizer. (fish emulsion, kelp, rock phosphate) These help in the growth of the actual chili peppers.

I have also read that a slight acidic ph level of 6.5 can also effect the heat in peppers. Peppers grow well in a ph range of 6.5 to neutral 7.0
would the same ph levels apply to hydro? What nutes would be the best for hydro? Sorry for the hijack

Well it appears what you have isn't a peach habanero. If you like the flavor it's still a win.

As for the suggestions of things to do to make it hotter the only one I know of that works is stressing the plant which usually means letting it dry out to where the leaves get droopy before watering it. In my years of experience no amount of fertilizer or pH changes will increase the heat.

If it's real prolific and has great flavor you might want to find some different hot peppers to cross with it. Peachy hot peppers are kind of cool.

I suppose it is topic drift but the questions about PH, stressing and hydro reminded me of this article. Pay particular attention to the last paragraph:
http://maximumyield.com/article_sh_db.php?articleID=791&yearVar=2012&issueVar=February&featureVar=true

I wouldn't describe the weather of the last month as stress free on the plants I'm growing. It has been hot enough here to stress my plants to the point of lost production. There are plants that have produced pods with plenty of heat.

I've tried to avoid inducing water stress this season unlike last season to boost yields. This season my aim has been to water when the pots feel light.

I can't fault the first and only pod of mine on flavour. What I'll be looking for when I try the second pod that is currently ripening is consistency. If the pods are consistently mild then I'll pods for non-heat seekers that have a different flavour from anything they've tried.

I'm not sold this season on stressing plants that are genetically predisposed to produce heatless to mild pods to boost heat. I've chosen to grow very hot varieties that should and mostly do produce hot pods when stress is avoided.

Interesting article, lots of good info. The last paragraph describes things to do to manipulate the flavor, not the heat. I would love to hear of ways to increase the heat, if anyone has some please share them.

I'm with you on your last statment Harry. I just can't see any stressing factors making a mild pepper hot.

Beware, don't underestimate them...

I had bought a Peach Habanero plant the last couple years. Dying to try it, I cut up a few early in the season, some of the first to ripen, and put them in tacos. The tacos were disappointingly hot, nowhere near even a regular habanero. So later that year, around summer, I decided... what the hell? Why not, grab a Peach Hab and try it whole. It can't be that bad. After all... those tacos with 3 of them were weak. BIG MISTAKE. Ate the entire thing, whole. At least tried to. Got my ass royally handed to me.

Moral of the story: Never underestimate the strength of a Peach Habanero. Trust me. It was from the same plant, the same year--just a hell of a lot hotter and ripened in hotter temperatures and with more sunlight.

Beware, don't underestimate them...

I had bought a Peach Habanero plant the last couple years. Dying to try it, I cut up a few early in the season, some of the first to ripen, and put them in tacos. The tacos were disappointingly hot, nowhere near even a regular habanero. So later that year, around summer, I decided... what the hell? Why not, grab a Peach Hab and try it whole. It can't be that bad. After all... those tacos with 3 of them was weak. BIG MISTAKE. Ate the entire thing, whole. At least tried to. Got my ass royally handed to me.

Moral of the story: Never underestimate the strength of a Peach Habanero. Trust me. It was from the same plant, the same year--just a hell of a lot hotter and ripened in hotter temperatures and with more sunlight.

What was the origin of the Peach Hab plant? CCN?

I'll confirm the heat of the pods from my plants once some more pods ripen. I very much doubt it will go from zero detectable heat (not even warm) to screaming hot.

What was the origin of the Peach Hab plant? CCN?

I'll confirm the heat of the pods from my plants once some more pods ripen. I very much doubt it will go from zero detectable heat (not even warm) to screaming hot.
Yes. I got almost all of my plants the last few years from there. I didn't say that it had "zero detectable heat" though--I simply meant that the tacos, with 3 peach habs, were nowhere near as hot as the typical tacos I was used to with orange habs even similar C. chinense peppers (many of which I also bought from CCN). I was expecting with that heat level from 3 peppers, surely I could handle just ONE, whole. Nope.

Yes. I got almost all of my plants the last few years from there. I didn't say that it had "zero detectable heat" though--I simply meant that the tacos, with 3 peach habs, was nowhere near as hot as the typical tacos I was used to with orange habs even similar C. chinense peppers (many of which I also bought from CCN). I was expecting with that heat level from 3 peppers, surely I could handle just ONE, whole. Nope.

My suspicions of the my plants not being Peach Habs remain. The first pod off my plant was the one with zero detectable heat.

It looks like another Not in a long run of Nots for me.

I had a non-heat seeker test a piece of the third pod to ripen on my plant who found it very mild. It was a small pod with only two seeds in it.

I had a non-heat seeker test a piece of the third pod to ripen on my plant who found it very mild. It was a small pod with only two seeds in it.

Sounds very similar to my cheiro do nortes next to no seeds and low heat ( less then jalapeno )

IMG_2647.JPG

IMG_20120220_204329.jpg

Examples of my cheiro do norte and a rubbish phone photo of the inside of an pod I picked last week (hence the brown area where the stem was damp

Back