• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Begin! Oktoberfest Throwdown III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frydaddy, Tomorrow, when you're feeling (?)better(?), perhaps put the plating picture in the prep post in your final post. The two in your final post look almost exactly the same.

Take 4 IB's in the morning and it'll all be Guuud.

Sheesh, what's going on this month? I feel like the geek that got invited to the party at the lake and then no one else showed up. Saturday night and only 2 entries?

I know, there'll be more. It's just so.....quiet.

As you can see, it's laden with Congo Trinidad peppers. A close relative of the scotch bonnet, but a bit bigger and a little sweeter (the red stuff). Fresh from the garden.
We are enjoying a late tropical disturbance today, so the banana leaf (lobster-claw) is glistening from nonstop tropical rain. I picked it mere seconds before I snapped the pic.
The food was fantastic!!! I drank so much busch light as my beloved Gators lost. Don't even care about the game anymore.

Perfect!!!!..
Okay, you know I'm going to give you a hard time. Go look at your piccy's REAL CLOSE, and see if you drank too much beer! :rofl:

which ones should he look at...the left two or the right two?

(Just ribbing you FD4). O'Course, I've NEVER posted after drinking.....:halo:

:rofl:

how's the tummy, habbyheat?

Okay, you know I'm going to give you a hard time. Go look at your piccy's REAL CLOSE, and see if you drank too much beer! :rofl:
FD4 put peppers on top of the main course hurry!

FD4 FAILING all over the place!
:rofl:

:drunk:

FD4 FAILING all over the place!

Ok...Take a look at the pics. There are HEALTHY chunks of red stuff.

That is Congo Trinidad pepper. I grew it. It's quite hot.
That was the spiciest Shnitzel to ever cross these two lips.

Where's the problem with that?????

I've gotta be a MAN about this. I can't stand all the hating...

I'm going to go attempt coitus.

When I get back, there better be an explanation for the negativity!!!! (give me, like, a minute and a half, my wife is asleep and Bear didn't come over tonight)...

Here is a couple more of the process of it all.

FO-Brats
2011-10-08_13-52-44_817.jpg

2011-10-08_14-59-15_245.jpg

2011-10-08_17-47-47_487.jpg

Red cabbage
2011-10-08_14-39-28_124.jpg

Potato Tot cakes
2011-10-08_17-52-52_63.jpg

Hint FD4... YOU DRANK IT ALL.....

So how was coitus? You wake your wife up for it?

mesatrin, those look like awesome atomic buffalo turds!

The ingredients:

MegsCamara408.jpg

MegsCamara420.jpg

Red Cabbage:
red cabbage, onion, apples, cloves, allspice, bayleaf, apple vinegar, butter, sugar, Yellow 7, and carribbean red

MegsCamara422.jpg

Spatzle
flour, salt, egg, Beer

Kases Patzle
emmentaler cheese, pepper, german bread crumbs, Yellow and red fatalii

MegsCamara425.jpg

Pork cutlets and breading
flour, egg, german bread crumbs, seasoning salt with fresh ground naga morich powder

MegsCamara426.jpg

The Sauce
mushrooms, bacon, onions, cream, broth, parsley, more Beer (duh) Douglah, and an organge pepper with fruity flavor given to me by Chileaddict (no real heat just flavor)
In case your wondering about the choice of Douglah, the beer is sweet.
Aaron

And here is everything

I will call this one Cheese Stuffed Fo-Brats with Red Cabbage and Potato Tot Pancakes

Fo-Brats
Ground Pork
Ground Beef
salt
nutmeg
mace
ginger
coriander
sugar
pepper
celery seed
chopped bacon
pepper jack cheese
orange hab

Mix all that together, and then poach in hot (not boiling) water. Let cool and wrap in bologna and bacon (fake casing). Cook again in frying pan until bacon is cooked crisp.

Red Cabbage
Red Onion
Red Cabbage
bacon
water
balsamic vinegar
white distilled vinegar
pepper
salt
all spice
clove
bay leaf
butter
orange hab

Melt butter and cook chopped up bacon. Brown the onion. Add cabbage and cook down. Add liquid and spices and braise for about 2 hours.

Potato Tot Pancakes
Tater Tots
milk
lemon juice
Home made Citrus Spice (dried aji lemon, dried lemon basil, salt, dried lemon zest)
cream cheese
flour
butter
fresh aji lemon

Defrost and smash up tots. Mix all ingredients with the tots. Shape into small patties. Fry in butter.

Serve with beer.

DSC_0666.jpg

DSC_0667.jpg

:woohoo: HH and Mesatrin kicking it up a notch!

PS - FD, I could probably be bribed, if needed. I have a new Mac, the latest, greatest PS CS5.5, and I KNOW HOW TO USE THEM! :lol:

I think I'm inspired to go drink half a beer......
which half, the FRESH half or the flat-plastic-wrap-covered half?

Well....She'll never fall asleep in that position again!!!!

So...the lack of beer pics was the problem, eh?? My bad. Didn't think anyone would question the SoFlo record on that. Here's a garbage shot.
I took another one, but it's a little inappropriate. Even for me. I'll just keep it in my archives.

IMGP2195.jpg

As a side note...wanted to hit the Total Wine store to pick up some Wheebz beer, but couldn't make it this time.
I think the great people at Busch had German roots somewhere. And James Beam was an off-the-boat German, no doubt!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back