• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Begin! Oktoberfest Throwdown III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I am in on this one. I am going to take some liberties with the recipes. I hope they turn out well and hope it is ok that I stray off of standard a bit. Running to the store now.

The CAT- I didn't even see that. My screen was tilted a little which made it darker and I couldn't see it until I tilted the screen differently. That's funny~~~ :lol:

Here are some teasers.

2011-10-08_13-23-45_308.jpg

2011-10-08_13-23-10_988.jpg

2011-10-08_13-22-39_185.jpg

well, since no one is posting food, how about a little video for some entertainment?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL5-Z3OMl9M&feature=player_embedded

(XOXO Pauly~~~)

here's the original thread, for the rest of the story... ;)
http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/14253-saurbraten/page__p__290067__hl__saurbraten__fromsearch__1#entry290067

Where dem Girls at?

Where's the beef?

Got Spaetzle?

Smack Talkin' tellin' no lies

Ver iss das fud! is ziss exciting or vuht?

SoFlo. German Style...

Seriously, I bought all my ingredients without a clue what I was going to make.
Drank a bunch of beers. Came up with this.
Weinershnitzel mit Kartoffelpuffer

Schnitzel with Potato pancake.

Holy crap I'm too buzzed to be doing this right now.

IMGP2181.jpg

So, I pounded my meat...

made it quite thin, breaded it in bread crumbs, fried it in veg oil.

Made some slaw.

Made some potato pancakes with Congo Trinidad peppers.

Here's the prep stuff.

IMGP2182.jpg

IMGP2187.jpg

IMGP2194.jpg

Fryin the potato cakes

IMGP2189.jpg

Here's the finished product

IMGP2190.jpg

Frydad's Shnitzel Fo' My' Nitzel's

This is dedicated to all the Girls who posted in this throwdown...
Fried up some flattened meat (seasoned with salt, hab pow, dipped in bread crumbs)
Fried up some shredded potatoes with green onions (salted, hab-pow'd, and a little mayo as a binder) and diced Congo Trinidads (home grown)
Made some red cabbage slaw with the usual ingredients.
Plated it accordingly.
Drank a lot of beer....almost too much.
Pushed the boundaries of acceptable behavior within the sanctity of marriage.
Lived to see another day (to do it all over again).

enjoy.

IMGP2193.jpg

IMGP2192.jpg

Gimmy Gimmy Gimmy

I don't know how to say what I want to say without a couple Holy Fbombs Sbombs and other general bombs

It's da-bomb!

Da Bomb, FD, Da Bomb! I found I like the texture added when I use panko for schnitzel - you might give that a try sometime. Wondering - which hot pepper ingredient did you use in the schnitzel?
BTW - did you oil that banana leaf or something? It's just GLEAMING!

Sorry guys, my day got hijacked, so no cooking got done. As in none. Of course, that just means tomorrow will be amazing!

Who can compete with teh banana leaf? Damn you SoFlo!

Beer has been consumed. Cooking has begun. Welcome to the jungle. I may resort to performance enhancing drugs for this throwdown.

Wondering - which hot pepper ingredient did you use in the schnitzel?
BTW - did you oil that banana leaf or something? It's just GLEAMING!

As you can see, it's laden with Congo Trinidad peppers. A close relative of the scotch bonnet, but a bit bigger and a little sweeter (the red stuff). Fresh from the garden.

We are enjoying a late tropical disturbance today, so the banana leaf (lobster-claw) is glistening from nonstop tropical rain. I picked it mere seconds before I snapped the pic.

The food was fantastic!!! I drank so much busch light as my beloved Gators lost. Don't even care about the game anymore.

Perfect!!!!..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back