event Northwest ChileFest 2011

salsalady

Business Member
Greetings, shout-outs, and calling all Northwest Chileheads!

Plans are starting for the 2nd NW Chilefest party.

There are no solid plans right now, but the general idea of having a get-together in late August to early September for some spicy food (and some not-so-spicy food), sharing talk about growing chiles, using chiles, eating chiles, and generally having a good ol' HOT time are the main items on the itinerary.
(Date Set, September 10th)DATE- the initial proposal is the 2nd weekend in September. The venue might have some say on Sat-v-Sun and what people's schedules are could dictate where we try to go.

LOCATION- we have a lead on a campground in the Lake Samammish area that has camping for folks coming from out of town and would also accomodate a day picnic. Day parks and kitchen shelters seeme to be pretty booked up and expensive. If anyone has any other picnic area suggestions, please post them!
(Vasa RV Resort, Lake Samammish)

LazinFat has mentioned a wing challenge at Cheers West. Could this be a wing challenge that actually TASTES GOOD???
Ryan, whatever you have planned, I know it will beat the pants off of the WINGDOME! :sick: When you can, could you post what you have in the works and let's see what we can work out.
No Wing Challenge this year So, NW Posse, chime in with what's what for your participation and let's see what we can get together!

FYI- just to clarify- the Northwest includes...
All of Washington state, Oregon state, British Columbia, the Yukon, Alaska
-Most of California, NM, AZ, UT, CO, WY,MT, all of ID, Alberta, and parts of HI
-any person temporarily in any of the afore-mentioned areas for purpose of business or pleasure
-anyone who used to live in the afore-mentioned areas
-anyone who has traveled in the afore-mentioned areas
-anyone who has a relative living in, or who used to live in the aforementioned areas
-anyone who would like to travel to or live in in the aforementioned areas......

OKAY! The party is open to anyone who happens to be in town at the time of the party! :)

Locations, times, chime in and let's start to figure it all out!

:woohoo:

Put us down for 50/50. We'll definitely maybe, possibly for sure, almost positively be there. How about somewhere around Levenworth? Or even Ellensberg? (our chances will go up). If we did it in Twisp we would be in 100%!!!

I will be there provided it is not the last few days of August.
dancingpepper.gif

Check Lake Sammamish State Park, if there is any availability it is only $35. for the day, covered, picnic tables, private parking area, and 110 power (a huge plus for the convenience of food processor, and blender useage)... We will attend whatever the venue, as long as it isn't the last weekend of Aug. Austin Chronicle Hot Sauce Festival is on the queue for that weekend!

Welcome Sam... I am.. attending the Austin festival. Will see you folks there. I somehow failed at ZestFest to try any of your famous honey products. I will correct that. Weren't you in the ILIS Food challenge as well?

Salsalady, please excuse my hijack.

Thanks Mike

Welcome Sam... I am.. attending the Austin festival. Will see you folks there. I somehow failed at ZestFest to try any of your famous honey products. I will correct that. Weren't you in the ILIS Food challenge as well?

Salsalady, please excuse my hijack.

Thanks Mike
Yep, that was me. Unfortunately the rules of that contest changed after it started. It was alot of work.... NEVER AGAIN!

Hope to see ya in Austin! Have you been to that show before? It is a 6 hour long frenzy of sampling and sales! Bring sunscreen! And a camera!

Yes I took my kids last year and they lasted maybe an hour and a half. I'm going to either be dropped off or have my wife come too as I hope to enter an amateur sauce. Waterloo park used to be quite dusty and after several hours of August heat just plain miserable. They have put in a lot of brick paths and I thought it was somewhat pleasant last year. A local band launches into "Comfortably Numb" while announcing free CDs and 500 people rush the stage including my kids.

See you then

Mike

Yes I took my kids last year and they lasted maybe an hour and a half. I'm going to either be dropped off or have my wife come too as I hope to enter an amateur sauce. Waterloo park used to be quite dusty and after several hours of August heat just plain miserable. They have put in a lot of brick paths and I thought it was somewhat pleasant last year. A local band launches into "Comfortably Numb" while announcing free CDs and 500 people rush the stage including my kids.

See you then

Mike
You probably saw me there last year then. I was the guy with the 3 piece suit of flames and bright orange liberty spikes!

SAM! :welcome: Great to see you here! and great to hear you and your family can come to the party!

Thanks for the tip on Lake Sammamish, I'll check it out. Are you booked the 3rd weekend of Sept at Houston? It looks like we're leaning towards the 2nd weekend in Sept. I know you guys do the Ballard FM, would Saturday be better than Sunday?

Sam did a great job in the ILIS challenge. That was a tough competition! After this year's competition, I don't know if I'd enter it next year. There are some hard-core chilechefs out there!

SL

Just remembered that sept 7-th thru 9th I will be not be able to go on those dates but it looks like thats it. Sure cant wait.

Just talked to my friends in Tonasket on scheduling dates to fly up, probably into Wenatchee, but that's flexible, we'd love to join in, if the dates work out, we're thinking Sept. Still on my way home from TX, in Kingman, AZ tonight and home tomorrow. Can't wait to get back to see the wife and the peppers. Also became a grandpa on Tuesday AM.

SEE! it sounds like Leavenworth would be perfect fo logchief too!!!!! Leavenworth is 15 miles from Wenatchee!
don't mind my postings, I'm just being a smart ass... always.
P.S. Congrats GRAMPS!!!!!!!

Yay, Logchief's on his way home...and to a new grandbaby! That's Wonderful! Looks like the second weekend in September is the timeframe for the chilefest. That would be AWESOME if you could join us. We can help with transportation if necessary.

Sam has suggested a place that may work, waiting to hear if it's a possibility.

We will most likely be taking the tent trailer over to somewhere for the weekend. We have 2 tents if others want to camp but need a tent. One is a 3-person dome tent and the other is a larger 2-room tent, NIB, probably sleeps 5+.

Back