event Northwest ChileFest 2011

MzKitty's zucchini bread WAS/is a big hit. When the kid was offered a pice, he said, "no thank you, I don't like zucchini." After practically force-feeeding him a bite, I think he ate 3 slices the first day and more the next.

Sunday morning breakfast-
biscuits, gravy, snausages, eggs, zucchini bread, hot coffee, sunshine....oh, yeah~~~~~
5db7da1f.jpg

a7397f9b.jpg

starting the assimilation process-
b5f67601.jpg

Oh Brandon! A man after my own heart. GREAT story of the pa-in-law. It took 6 years, but I bet it was worth the wait. ;) And your beautiful bride is a smart one. fyi, as that sauce sits for a few days, the heat will increase expotentially. The salsa is the regular company salsa with some (ok, a LOT!) of extra Red Savina habanero powder added.

LOL Awesome Brandon! Glad you got to get him back! Yeah Ann I think it did have alot more than last time I ate it bahahaa. Just watched the vids, sure wish I could have stuck around alot longer and ate some of the pods and DRANK SOME BEERS!!!!!!! With you guys. Richard cracks me up, "I said I wasnt going to do this" But he did, he really is an addict. Thanks Cappy for sending the pods that was awesome of you. With my work sched and the known effects I wasnt able to participate in eating any, heaven knows if I didnt have to go to work and could have stayed a bit longer it would have happened.

Sam and Tina, It was great to have some time visiting and talking shop with you both. I have a feeling it'll save us some $$$ fo'sho'! Wish we could have stayed around today. Real life sometimes bites~ But it was Great to meet you both and the kids seemed to be having a good time.

Lazi, I wish you could have stayed around. I'd love to have been able to drink a beer or two with you.

So, what do you all think....same time, same place next year?

Yes what a time Tristan and I had with you all. My son spent today planning on next yrs get together including camping out and telling all who would listen about it. Thanks Sam for the pepper beer. Stopped of at my buddy's house before heading home and pored us both a glass and gave him half of one of Ann's fatalii's. He took them like a champ and loved the beer. Wants to bring his family to the next one. Texted me this morning to say he pooped fire.lol...
Thanks Cappy for the goodies you sent out for the fest. This was the first time I had the chance to try many of these hots fresh and wanted to see where my likes and limits were. Liked the T-butch and Brain strain, thought the T-butch was the hotter between those two samples. Did not care for the taste of the douglah but it was very hot. My new favorites and thankfully I got some of the seed in these pods were the yellow 7 pod and the yellow fatalii both with a good deal of heat and very good flavor in exchange for the pain they deal out in the heat. Ann bagged up a sample of pods for me to take home and I tried 3 of them today this afternon. I tried both the red and chocolate Naga and enjoyed them liked the chocolate the best and a chocolate Hab great flavor but nothing on the heat of the others but would make others cry I am sure.
So all in all a stellar weekend with many new friends and new experiences along with many gifts in peppers and sauces to spice up my dishes until I get more of my own next growing season.

So all in all a stellar weekend with many new friends and new experiences along with many gifts in peppers and sauces to spice up my dishes until I get more of my own next growing season.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! Tasting new chiles and sauces, seeing what you like.....

I'm glad you and Tristan had a great time. Hope you have fun on all the forums on THP.

The DD family and friends really had a great time at this year's chilifest. It was great to hangout with everyone eating spicy sauces, salsas, wings, peppers, pickles, and same awesome dessert! The hottest thing I had was probably the Defcon MKII sauce - it was insanely hot! Thanks to the Salsa family for the great party!

Ann, great pictures and videos! Can't wait til next year. And the spot was great, next year we plan on camping and having a sitter. Thanks again. Cappy, the peppers were great, hopefully I can get another batch before the season ends.
Aaron

DD,
It was good to see you and family. DCMKIIwas :mouthonfire:

It wasn't us that made a great party, EVERYONE was what made a great party. I just made the reservations~~~

Sounds like a great time happy to supply hot peppers for the party glad ya'll enjoyed yourselves. Did anybody get to try the Brain Strain hot sauce 2011? Those wings look huge with all the defcon sauces in the bowls. Enjoyed all the pictures and videos wish I could have been there in person. We need one of these Southeast USA.

Sorry for the serious lack of photos. Someone else can cook next year and I'll take pics of EVERYTHING! :lol:

In attendance this year were-
onefowl1 and son- brand new forum member of less that a week! Thanks for coming to the party, it was great to meet you! Hope your boy had fun~
DuvallDave and family and friends
BigCedar and family(hope everyone is better...and by the way, I'm Sick now! Really Sick! I'll PM you my address for them chiles ;) )
HabaneroHeat81 and family
RS67Man and Kittyinpjs
lazinfat
chileaddict
the Zane&Zack's family
salsalady and family, including the bro-in-law

some spicy goodies of note-
chipotle beer
jalapeno wine
hot dill and sweet pickles
several salsas including a scorpion one and 2 manzano peach ones. (onefowl1, those manzano ones were really yummy!)
a trinidad scorpion experimental sauce
hot peanuts
habanero cream cheese
lots of domestic and international sauces
edit- (DUH! to me! I'm tired, sorry)
Fresh chile pods

Just a couple stories-
While getting ready and cooking the chicken wings, I totally forgot about the corn on the cob. We also had some brats to cook up but no one wanted to deal with getting the stove out of the trailer and cooking them in the fry pan...so I deep fried them! Later I found out the kittyinpj's saw the corn but she didn't say anything because she thought I'd deep fry the corn on the cob! :lol:

We did cook the corn later in the evening, and thanks, DD, it was yummy for and evening snack.

After getting into the fresh pods, there was a lot of sweat and hiccups. HabaneroHeat even got the endorphine shakes. Right On!
Sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for the particulars. The food looked great and you had all the accompanyments in the "heat" dept :D Sadly, I live on the East Coast :(

Sounds like a great time happy to supply hot peppers for the party glad ya'll enjoyed yourselves. Did anybody get to try the Brain Strain hot sauce 2011? Those wings look huge with all the defcon sauces in the bowls. Enjoyed all the pictures and videos wish I could have been there in person. We need one of these Southeast USA.
I think everyone tried them. I ended up being lucky enough to take one home. Ingredient list? I am guessing 7 pot,vinegar, salt. Tastes a lot like it has Scotch Bonnet in there as well. WELL DONE MY FRIEND!!! That is one AWESOME freakin' sauce!

It looks like you all had a GREAT time! That's what I love about this forum and chile heads in general. Awesome people with generous spirits.

Way to organize and execute all! Very inspiring! Oh, and hilarious story BC.

:dance:

Cappy, I had some Brain Strain last night on nachos. I don't know what it is (I didn't get a chance to do a side-by-side with last year's sauce) but I like this one better. I'll be using it more often than last year's sauce. Hope you kept detailed notes to recreate next year!

John took a Brain Strain pod to work and scorched the guys. One guy ran out of the job shack, spitting out everything he could. And he's a chilehead! Next day, a chocolate hab. They liked that one a lot. Wish I could have seen it~~~

yeah thanks Ann I also like this years batch better just wanted some other opinions. I use both pineapple and carrots, lime and clementine juice, and can really taste the sauce for a split second. The pepper mash I used is all the peppers from my garden and not just 7 pods so you get the complete all over burn and find the sauce too hot to eat just by the spoonful. Very similiar ingredient list from last year except the extract and some hickory smoked pods I added to this years batch. Only made thirty big 10 oz. woozies and they are all spoken or given away to friends. Wish people would appreaciate all the hard work it takes to make a bottle of hot sauce compared to the ease of just shipping fresh pods. Glad you enjoyed both the sauce and the pods. :mouthonfire:

quick story-
The 'Kid made some soup for our dinner tonight. I took a slurp taste, burned the top of my mouth, even peeled the skin out, ate a cracker with brain strain sauce.....:mouthonfire:....

It's not a good idea to put hot sauce on an open wound~~~

anyway, good sauce Cappy, and I'm glad we got some to share.

Yeah I liked this years sauce alot better than last years Cappy, good job! I think the overall flavor of peppers is more obvious.

Back