• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

AJs February 2011

The start of February this year has brought some extremely cold weather to north Texas...12.2F low and a high of 23 for the past 3 days...good thing is it will kill a lot of nasties that attack my plants...bad thing is I am getting cabin fever...

transplanted the first of my seedlings yesterday...they seem to be happy...

020311009.jpg

picture of Bhut Jolokia seedlings 35 days from seed...they sure are loving this LED lighting

020311006.jpg

this thread will be my daily grow log update for the month of February...will post transplant setup pics this weekend...

You inspire me, A.J. Your plants look sooo much better than mine. I haven't invested in all the hardware you have built, but you have given me ideas :-)

Are the new LED Gro lights the only lights that you are using or are they supplementing the existing lighting that you have?

You inspire me, A.J. Your plants look sooo much better than mine. I haven't invested in all the hardware you have built, but you have given me ideas :-)

thanks...I have been building/scheming/planning/working/erecting/drawing this stuff for years and am collecting a pretty good list of hardware...the main thing I am having to do now is think about reducing electric cost...when you are running 3 Kw lights 24/7 that puts a cramp in the profit margin...

very nice AJ. i can only hope that mine turn out 1/2 as well.

they will buddy...just have patience my friend...

Are the new LED Gro lights the only lights that you are using or are they supplementing the existing lighting that you have?

Just looked...took delivery of the LEDs Jan 27, so they have been under LED light for going on 8 days...the only other light they get is reflective light or ambient light in the garage...which there is a pretty good bit of...but not enough to grow plants...here is a shot of them a week ago today...

012811b004.jpg

so far I am convinced about this system and the different color bands it provides...my next question is do the plants take longer/shorter to harden off with LED light vs CFL or Fluorescent...

Thanks AJ, We all watch with anticipation. You realize that you are being the guinea pig here maybe you should charge to read your thread.

Wow Aj they look super healthy - Cabin fever is cramping us here to - dont think I will be able to plant out till June!! May consider going hydro this year :lol:

all I got to say is the sons of bitches that broke into my truck this morning about 5 am and stole my mandolin, fender twin reverb, mackie 808S powerhead, a mike stand and my gig bag are damned lucky I didn't see them...they would be bitch dirt on my front lawn...MotherFuc**** stole my band equipment....

I hate a god damned thief....may their souls burn in hell and I hope I can be the one to put them there...

all I got to say is the sons of bitches that broke into my truck this morning about 5 am and stole my mandolin, fender twin reverb, mackie 808S powerhead, a mike stand and my gig bag are damned lucky I didn't see them...they would be bitch dirt on my front lawn...MotherFuc**** stole my band equipment....

I hate a god damned thief....may their souls burn in hell and I hope I can be the one to put them there...

Dude, they stole your axe and other equipment. That's horrible.

Takes a special person to play the mandolin.

just don't got psycho on the babies haha.... Looking great AJ really turning green there. I can not wait to make a road trip brotha. I would love to use an LED system because i believe the technology has improved a bit not perfect for really damned good however the technology is priced pretty steap, but if i could I'd love to run a mix of blues with some t5s. Im still alittle lost with my supplies mainly soil and starting equip... MY aunt owns a nursery in stephenville but I never really had a relationship with her so im not sure she could help with some supplies..

I know my ingriedents for my soil just don't know where to find a quality product. I know General Hydro has some awesome COCOCOIR that i will be ordering along with some Shitz "http://www.theshitz.com/" and I like their rapid rooters. as far as trays Burpee has 72 cell trays that seem to be very inovative, quality, and reuseable at around 20 bucks a pop it seems like a good deal... I don't know i know some strain will like pots and other wont i will try to put as many in the ground as i can but as it's not my property i wanted to refrain from digging to much but ill talk to my buddy it's for the greater good lol... But Pots for transplant will be my next big order 3-5 gal gotta learn the strains who will do best with what i assume but im gonna order i say 100 i don't know lol... AJ sorry for the rant. Im jumping in feet first on a fairly decent scale of plants and your advice is pricless thanks a million..

Alabama, what kind of LED lights are you using?

http://www.amazon.com/Illuminator-5-Band-Tri-Spectrum-Grow-Light/dp/B001J9SYW2

it takes a low down motherfu**** to steal a musicians gear...and all the police say is OK...thank you for your report...but there is nothing they really can do...because it ain't like it was back in the old days...people genuinely cared about each other and wouldn't dare take something that wasn't theirs...

DAAAAMN AJ, that pegs the SUCK-O-METER!

No idea who the lowlife might be? Definitely deserves some AJ Justice.

So sorry man. :(

Sorry to hear that AJ, thieves give me the shits too. We have had a couple of incidents around here but we have big dogs and bigger guns. So they tend to shy away. You guys have got better gun laws than us havent you. I take it there is nowhere safe to park your truck where they cant get at it. Stupid question cos it would have been parked there wouldnt' it. Dont answer that quetion.
Is it cover by insurance. I suppose that a mans axe is irreplaceable though. Hope you catch the bastards.

This is disgusting!!!!!! I really feel your pain AJ I hope those stupid C*unts Pawn it with their own drivers licenses, and I hope they have families with young kids so when their parents get locked up it makes them cry, Karma will come back from them, I've learned the hard way that you don't get away with something forever no matter how awesome you think you are at it and the same will come for these low lifes. that's some classic gear you got there and I hope it finds it's way back! how does someone just randomly target the one truck with your heart and soul in it? I hope it's no one you know brotha

AJ sorry to hear someone got your gear. If you have any pictures or serial numbers you may want to visit some of the areas pawn shops and insturment/music stores to drop off a photo and serial sheet with the officer, in charge of the cases, number on it. May not do any good, but being proactive makes the odds of recovery better than what you will get from the coppers.

OT:
The seedlings look great. wish mine were doing as well.

AJ sorry to hear someone got your gear. If you have any pictures or serial numbers you may want to visit some of the areas pawn shops and insturment/music stores to drop off a photo and serial sheet with the officer, in charge of the cases, number on it. May not do any good, but being proactive makes the odds of recovery better than what you will get from the coppers.

OT:
The seedlings look great. wish mine were doing as well.

thanks DP...I have the police report...and I have called about 15 pawn shops this morning giving them a heads up about the stolen stuff...it should be easy to spot...not many people pawn Twins and Mackie heads...

Back