• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Bayou Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Bayou Battle...

Pick at least one main ingredient:
1. Catfish
2. Gator (or croc, for Aussies)
3. Shellfish (crawfish, shrimp, blue crab, or oysters only)
4. Pork (andouille, tasso, or chaurice only)
5. Poultry (chicken, turkey, or duck only)

(You must limit the protein ingredients to the above and not add additional meat, fish, etc.)

Pick at least two additional ingredients:
1. Okra
2. Corn
3. Rice
4. Tomatoes
5. Pecans

(You may also add whatever else you want as long as you pick two, and do not add additional meat, fish, etc. except what is listed in section 1.)

Pick at least one Cajun/Creole staple:
1. Roux
2. Trinity (green bell peppers, onion, celery)
3. Crab/Shrimp/Crawfish boil (spices)
4. Creole Mustard
5. Filé Powder

Pick at least one cooking method:
1. Grill/Smoke
2. Fry (deep or sauté)
3. Étouffée
4. Boil
5. Stew

Mandatory ingredients:
Cayenne pepper, and one hotter pepper (in any form).

Rules

1. Follow the above to create your entry.
2. Proof of Life = $.55 (55 cents must be in your teaser picture. If no teaser picture, must be in final.)
3. Your entry must be one post with a name for your creation, a plating picture, and a list of the choices you made to create your entry.
4. You must post your entry in this thread by Sunday at 9 pm EST.

I'm Back now, from my first run. Y'all better hang on, I'm pulling out all the stops with this T-Down. I'm fixen on blowing yer socks off!

I'm Back now, from my first run. Y'all better hang on, I'm pulling out all the stops with this T-Down. I'm fixen on blowing yer socks off!

I just got back too, with a whole bunch of the scrumdidlyumsous items on THP's list. All I can say is it's going to be great day with an extremely spicy delectable Bayou outcome.

And PF you don't feel anything strange back there I hope.:cool:

...my shopping list is complete too, and found everything I was looking for, and just hopin' there's enough room in the fridge.

And no recipe books needed for this one, all going to be down-home style (grew up in SE TX/SW LA area) :dance: :woohoo: :dance:

(...wife is gonna kick my butt when she sees the bill!) :fire:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back