• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

movies Your favorite movie

JayT said:
Can't believe I never posted on this thread. I also can't believe no one mentioned my favorite movie: Tombstone. I also like: Rounders, Rocky II, The Fugitive, Fast and the Furious, Silence of the Lambs, and as others have said Natural Born Killers.

I've only got 2 problems with your list:

1)Fast and the Furious sucked because it spawned all kinds of teenage dumbasses coming to my shop and spouting stupid shit like this: "doooood.....i've blown a 911 twin turbo's doors off plenty of times.....i got nosss on my civic"
And my usual response? "please. whatever.:rolleyes:"

2)I honestly thought Natural Born Killers was basically a really, really bad 2 hour long music video

Other than that i agree with the rest of your list.

Been reminded of a few classics by some of these posts.

Evil Dead 1&2...........&3!(you've gotta admit that army of darkness is a freaking classic!!!......"It's a trick, get an axe")

The Shining. What a perfect storm. The problem with most Stephen King movies is that they deviate so much from the book.

What makes the Shining so awesome is that it barely resembles the book. Kubrik was a mad man and a genius.

Stephen King hated the movie and so made a re-make a while back with that guy from "wings" in Jack Nicholson's legendary role........;)

What about Undercover brother, and Old school

Someone actually liked Point break? Keano and Swayze both in the same film, what "acting":rolleyes:

cheezydemon said:
Been reminded of a few classics by some of these posts.

The Shining. What a perfect storm. The problem with most Stephen King movies is that they deviate so much from the book.

What makes the Shining so awesome is that it barely resembles the book. Kubrik was a mad man and a genius.

I LOVE that movie. It's a perfect movie to show people why I like Jack Nicholson. I have the book, and I really like what Kubrick did with it.

Sickmont said:
That HAD to suck....

I heard that it did. Haven't dared to watch it though.

Oh, and I really like Sweeney Todd. I prefer the original version though. Thank God for youtube.

Tim Burton and Johnny Depp are almost always a winning combo, but Sweeney Todd was a little to droll fo me. What is the original like?

You can check it yourself, it's entirely on youtube.
It starts here:
Just follow the videos from that same user.

There are boring parts and great parts, but overall I like it a lot. The singers are professional ones, so the music is better.
If you ignore the women, anyway.

There are so many great movies. Top 5? Top 10? I will try.

The Blues Brothers
From Dusk til Dawn
Pulp Fiction
The Crow
Casablanca
The Sixth Sense
Kill Bill
The Leningrad Cowboys go America
The Big Easy
Lord of the Rings
Delicatessen
John Carpenter's Escape from New York
Twelve Monkeys
The Game
The Rock
The Fog

... a few more than 10, can't decide...

ok this is not a movie in the sense but rather an educational video.
BBC - planet earth
very interesting video footage & info!!! if you're into this stuff get it or watch it.

has anyone ever seen or heard of Toxic Avenger?...funny, funny, funny...its about a guy that falls into a vat of toxic chemicals and gets superpowers...

Yeah, I've seen it, but I've only seen Pt.1, I think there are some sequels.

I agree, truly funny movie and if I remember right, it was the one that has put Troma City on the map!

part 2 was not as good as part one...that kind of humor is funny the first time you see it but it gets old really quick..

AlabamaJack said:
has anyone ever seen or heard of Toxic Avenger?...funny, funny, funny...its about a guy that falls into a vat of toxic chemicals and gets superpowers...

Speaking of Troma....anyone else see 'Class of Nuke 'em High'? I thought it was way funnier than the Toxic Avenger

There's some kickass recommendations on here:)anyone that lists movies by Mario Bava and Alejandro Jodorowski as favourites earns my respect!!

Some faves of mine are:-)
Battle Royale
Rabid Dogs
Deep Red
Perfect Blue
Phantasm
The Mack
Master of the flying guillotine
School of the holy Beast

Back