• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

You Won't Believe This....

AlabamaJack

Extreme Member
I got home Sunday afternoon from playing a couple of gigs down in Luckenbach this past weekend and was hit in the face flush with a totally unexpected "I...... want a divorce"...

Stunned, I sat there for a second...not too long...then simply said "Bust a gut"....

Evidently she has been making preparations since she knew the market appraised value of the house and when she said "when I talked to the lawyer"...wow....my mouth dropped open at that point...

Lot's of ramifications I have not had time to understand at this point, but I find myself somewhat relieved that I will be single again...I mean, I was single for the first 50 years of my life so it won't take much getting used to...

Thank you but, I don't want your "I'm sorry's"...I'm not....no children involved so all is cool....

Hopefully it will be amicable (and it seems to be so far) and I can just close this chapter in my life and move on to the next one, which, I hear is full of music and peppers and staying up until 9 or 10 instead of 8pm :) Probably will do some giggin' down the road since I have friends that travel all over the place...will be fun to get my face back in the wind again....

a line out of one of my songs

"Time passes, things change, life goes on"

I know I am one that always says not to air your dirty laundry, I just wanted each of you to know I have a little hiccup in my life right now but I am going to be fine....

Wow. You said you don't want any "sorrys", but I guess it would have came as a bit of a shock at least?

But happy to see you are taking it in your stride and can move on with your head high and go on about planning the rest of your life.

Wow what a stunner - never in a million years would I have thought this would happen to you -
+1 on the dog
Now we have a place for the THP BBQ and Chili cook off next year -

Good Luck Ronnie

appreciate everyone's responses

WTF?

Who gets the dog?

Pure blindside Leslie...Linda will keep Ike....he chose her as his master so it's only fair...I may not try and get another dog at this point...at least until I decide how much I am going to be gone from home...

Wow what a stunner - never in a million years would I have thought this would happen to you -
+1 on the dog
Now we have a place for the THP BBQ and Chili cook off next year -

Good Luck Ronnie

like I said, total blindside and you are absolutely correct about next years party....my place is "open for business" next year and if you are serious, we can plan it....I have had over 100 at my place several times....early spring or late fall is the best for weather...certainly not July or August (unless you like 105 degree stretches)...

that's my feeling megamoo...

Dam......that had to be a shocker......just like getting bad news from a doctor........
or good news......like you said, a new chaptor charts
in the long run it has to be a relief......
throw a shout if you ever make it back to Chicago!

Greg

Ike is such a pretty boy.

Sounds like you'll be having more time on your hands for playing guitars, bbq's and party's.

That's it.

I want a divorce too!

Wow. Unbelievable.
Clearly she knows what she wants in life, wish her luck.
I won't say what I really want to say, but it has to do with "kicking" and "curb"...

Do your thang sir AJ, freely!

Hey AJ - if you find yourself up in the PNW while you're travelin' around....

....there are lots of pretty cowgirls who loooove to dance up here in the DrySide of the state! ;)

Kinda stunned here Ronnie, not sure what to say. I wish you the absolute best man. Get yourself a lawyer buddy, amicable doesn't always last.

If I can ever do anything for you please don't hesitate to ask and if you're ever in my neck of the woods you have a place to hang. Anytime.

AJ if she sues for the plants, get a Lawyer! Those be your kids!

Yeah, BTDT glad to see you have a good outlook and have kept your smile.
Now get that Mandolin out. Sounds like the makins of a great country song is in there somewhere. :)

Back