• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

health Yellow sevens, Brown soft spots.

I recently discovered some brown spots on three particular Yellow Seven Pod pods and i would like to know if anyone has seen these before. They are not round more like a blotch.
Whilst performing an autopsy on these pods i also discovered that the seeds were turning black and in one of the pods there was like little white calyx's (spl) . I tasted a part of the white lumpy bit and it wasn't offending at all, no heat or bitterness.

Here some pic's,

wtf002.jpg

wtf004.jpg

wtf008.jpg

Any ideas gringos??

Sun burn from all the heat we have had or rot from all the rain we got over xmas (I know talking about lots of heat and lots of rain sounds strange but NOva will understand).....I got a heap of it on a few different chillis......

I don't really think it's anything fungal or bug related mate. I get it every year and it's usually only after extreme heat or lots of rain and we have had both over the last month in our area!!!!

Offer them up to the gods and i'm sure the rest of the crop will be ok now our weather is getting better.

Cool mate, i noticed my beefsteaks don't like the sun/heat either, scald badly. I may just move this plant into a shady spot for a while, Cheers.

I've also had to chuck a few Yellow7s for that very reason Nova, and I agree with Moyboy about the weather causing it. I let one ripen and then pulled it apart and the seeds(black) were covered in a black fungus. Wasn't game to eat it. I just pulled off a few Jalapenos and Serranos for similar reasons.

Sometimes our we grub friend mr Borer can leave a mess like that but it certainly seems weather related to me also.

Back