• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting Winter pods.

Shorerider

Staff Member
Extreme Member
Seeing as it's the middle of winter down here trips to the garden aren't so frequent. So I go out today to check a few Rocoto pods I had left on my plants from last season to ripen. To my surprise all had ripened and looked great. I probably have enough for a small batch of sauce too.

I took a pic of the best as it is quite a large pod.

https://db.tt/YuJ8aRyP

Enjoy....

Looks good mate :)

I've still got a few winter pods aswell, Fataliis and Reapers.
Funnily enough, my Aji Limon didn't make it through the winter yet the Chinenses did!

<<< Jealous! A middle-of-winter-outside pic here would show snow on the ground and a dead plant. Had there been any pods, they'd be all brown and shriveled up. 

Very nice!

Midwinter pods from me, assuming the plant is inside so as not to freeze, are about the size of an airsoft pellet, not hot, and taste like shit.

I've got quite a few dead plants also. The Rocoto's seem to be holding up well though. Good thing my indoor grow is ready and waiting for some warmer weather. Just potted 12 more Rocoto. I'll have to start giving some away as im running out of room.....

Back