• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

window growing

I was wondering if, for me, that if I started growing some seeds now in some containers next to a window in a 4 season porch(heated), which the porch gets good sunlight.

I know window sunlight isnt as good as a lighted setup, but it should do, right ? but it'll just be kinda on the slow side of growing, right ?
& when its warm enough I'll put them in the garden.
I also plan on putting a fan on the small plants once in awhile to help strenghten them up for outside.

it'll be something like 4 months window growing before it'll be warm enough outside.
is this starting too early, & too long 4 months, for relying on just window sunlight ?

I started seeds inside about 2 months ago, so it's NEVER too early to start seeds. The window set up will be fine. An alternative to the fan is to shake the pot (take the pot anjiggle it lightly) two to three times a day and that'll strangthen the stalk.

So, what are you thinking about growing?

these that I'm hoping to grow from seed are
- cayenne
- kung pao
- thai giant
- couple habaneros (just had some seeds left over from last year)

these most likely will be cross pollinated seeds (except the hab's) I'm planting these since I have the seeds from last years pods, & in the garden. I figured I better plant alot more this year since I found out what I had left over didnt amount to much once I ground them up :( (w/a coffee grinder) so I'm kinda shooting for 50-70 plants this year.

but I also have these plants on order, which I'll grow in pots to keep for several years, I hope.
- aji dulce 1
- bhut jolokia
- fatalii
- habanero neon yellow
- jamaican gold
- limon
- pa 353 red
- salsa delight
- trinidad perfume

Back