• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting Will they ripen?

So growing an orange hab plant at it seems to be healthy and is producing fruits well, problem is it seems they are growing too large in size and staying green…any ideas as to what’s going on or if they will ripen?
IMG_7661.jpeg

Looks more like a bell pepper than a habanero to me, to be honest.

But whatever the pepper, you can pick them green and they will continue to ripen after they've been picked (size must be mature though). I leave them as long as possible on the plant though (better taste profile).

Looks more like a bell pepper than a habanero to me, to be honest.

But whatever the pepper, you can pick them green and they will continue to ripen after they've been picked (size must be mature though). I leave them as long as possible on the plant though (better taste profile).
So…after reading this I got to thinking, a hooked up a few buddies with some plants after they sprouted…so I popped one of the bigger peppers off the plant and decided to cut it open and see if I could determine anything. You were totally right, it’s another green bell plant.

...it’s another green bell plant.

You can leave them be and let them reach full maturity. IMO, the overall flavor will improve, and it most likely will not stay green (probably turn red). It does take a while though. It can seem like forever, lol.

So…after reading this I got to thinking, a hooked up a few buddies with some plants after they sprouted…so I popped one of the bigger peppers off the plant and decided to cut it open and see if I could determine anything. You were totally right, it’s another green bell plant.

No worries, everybody here f*cks up things quite regularly 😶

You can leave them be and let them reach full maturity. IMO, the overall flavor will improve, and it most likely will not stay green (probably turn red). It does take a while though. It can seem like forever, lol.

👆What he says

Yeah I’m just gonna let them keep growing, I’ve got another bell plant that I’ve already been harvesting peppers from, used some the other night to make crawfish etouffee

Back