• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking whole pig

wow looks good.. at my firehouse we smoke 2 pigs every year for our bbq they are alot bigger but we have alot of people to feed.. but anyway looks goood

For me, the whole black pig is a little off-putting, but the meat inside looked AMAZING!!! I guess on a slow smoke like that the black skin is inevitable. Great job!
I've had it done where the skin was crispy and served on the side as cracklins.

Like Walkgood said, it's a soflo thang to cook whole pigs in the caja china. I want one of these so damn badly. Thinking about building one.
The process is to marinate the whole pig for a day or two in garlicky citrus mojo criollo, flatten it out, and roast it in the caja china.

Anyway, I'm posting the website here because it has tons of cooking tips and recipes for whole pigs that you may want to try.

Caja China

ill end this!! i want to f**k that pig!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I think you oughtta' get a THP crown for posting that!

For me, the whole black pig is a little off-putting, but the meat inside looked AMAZING!!! I guess on a slow smoke like that the black skin is inevitable. Great job!
I've had it done where the skin was crispy and served on the side as cracklins.

Like Walkgood said, it's a soflo thang to cook whole pigs in the caja china. I want one of these so damn badly. Thinking about building one.
The process is to marinate the whole pig for a day or two in garlicky citrus mojo criollo, flatten it out, and roast it in the caja china.

Anyway, I'm posting the website here because it has tons of cooking tips and recipes for whole pigs that you may want to try.

Caja China

How good can that really be?

You made no mention of anything involving bizarre acts of a seck shul nature with that animal.

Unlike Sic.

frydad you right about the skin,but i believe ity was dudes first time so that meat was still rad.

t.b. what would we call this kinda crown,lol.

Back