• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Who Wants To Be A Superhero(I do...and I am!)

As some of you may know, I've got a online comic book called "Mullet-Man". There's a show(that's been in production for the past 2 years but has finally gotten underway with the Sci-Fi Channel) that I've been trying to get on called "Who Wants To Be A Superhero?".

Well, I just got word today that I did NOT make the final round, after doing call back after call back, audition after audition for the past TWO years, I didn't make it. Jeff from Nash Entertainment said that I was in the top 25(out of 1000+ people). BUT I get to be on the show anyways! My audition will be on it and than on May 26th I go to downtown Los Angeles and film the second to last episode. They will do a few segments with my character and if everything goes well the whole next episode will be dedicated to me and Mullet-Man!!!!

So, once I get more details I will keep you guys informed...Viva La Mullet!

imaguitargod said:
As some of you may know, I've got a online comic book called "Mullet-Man". There's a show(that's been in production for the past 2 years but has finally gotten underway with the Sci-Fi Channel) that I've been trying to get on called "Who Wants To Be A Superhero?".

Well, I just got word today that I did NOT make the final round, after doing call back after call back, audition after audition for the past TWO years, I didn't make it. Jeff from Nash Entertainment said that I was in the top 25(out of 1000+ people). BUT I get to be on the show anyways! My audition will be on it and than on May 26th I go to downtown Los Angeles and film the second to last episode. They will do a few segments with my character and if everything goes well the whole next episode will be dedicated to me and Mullet-Man!!!!

So, once I get more details I will keep you guys informed...Viva La Mullet!

That is so cool!

Go! Mulletman Go! Post details about when it will air, (network dates, etc) so we can all watch it.

T

Tina Brooks said:
Post details about when it will air, (network dates, etc) so we can all watch it.

T
First episode will air on the Sci-Fi Channel on July 26th(I should be on that episode). Not sure the other date for the episode that will have all the other stuff that I was talking about above. I will deffinitly keep you guys informed.

Also, from(http://www.whowantstobeasuperhero.tv/photos/)
Look at the upper right picture, to the right of the black dude's head...Mullet-Man!
photos-aud1.jpg

And upper right again(meeting Stan Lee):
headline2-text.jpg

I am really unsure whether I'm laughing at the whole thing or with you.

Out of curiosity, aside from doing call-back after call-back ad nauseum, did you get anything else out of the experience???

T

Tina Brooks said:
Hey, as long as your laughing I'm happy.

Tina Brooks said:
Out of curiosity, aside from doing call-back after call-back ad nauseum, did you get anything else out of the experience???
Well, I got gas this last time becuase I at a sandwich that had some onions on it.

If everything works out the way I'm hoping it'll work out I could stand to make some serious money. I could sell autographed pics of me on my site for $10 a pop, then there's Mullet-Man wigs for $25, also could help my acting career and maybe do the convention circut(but probably not on that last one).

imaguitargod][quote=Tina Brooks said:
Hey, as long as your laughing I'm happy.

Tina Brooks said:
Well, I got gas this last time becuase I at a sandwich that had some onions on it.

If everything works out the way I'm hoping it'll work out I could stand to make some serious money. I could sell autographed pics of me on my site for $10 a pop, then there's Mullet-Man wigs for $25, also could help my acting career and maybe do the convention circut(but probably not on that last one).[/quote]

Geez, what a rip, at least the American Idol contestants got to go to LA.

Oh wait, you're already in LA, aren't you.

Never mind.

I'm laughing, you're happy, it's all good.

T

Well, I filmed on Friday but can't say anything about it due to the contract that I had to sign...darn non-disclosures. But look for Mullet-Man on the first and last episode(and possably promos for the show). Once the dates are set in stone, I'll post them.

imaguitargod said:
Well, I filmed on Friday but can't say anything about it due to the contract that I had to sign...darn non-disclosures. But look for Mullet-Man on the first and last episode(and possably promos for the show). Once the dates are set in stone, I'll post them.

I hope it's not CBC/RDI, because they'll use you in the promo ads and then not tell you that your bit is lying on the cutting room floor.

T

Back