• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Who Grows Their Hot Sauce Peppers?

As I was downing my new bottle of Defcon Condition 1 a question popped into my head...how funny would monkeys look in panty hoes? After that disturbing thought and mental image passed, another question popped in my head... How many people here that sell their hot sauces actually uses their own home grown peppers for their sauces?

If no, say no and why not, and if yes, than post yes and how big your garden is.

DEFCON Creator said:
Nope, dried is easier to work with, especially in the creation of extracts. Who needs all that annoying extraneous fluid junk. :twisted:

ah but there's nothing like biting into a fresh hab right off the plant.

In anser to the question, I grow what I use in my BBQ sauces.

imaguitargod said:
As I was downing my new bottle of Defcon Condition 1 a question popped into my head...how funny would monkeys look in panty hoes? After that disturbing though and mental image passed, another question popped in my head... How many people here that sell their hot sauces actually uses their own home grown peppers for their sauces?

If no, say no and why not, and if yes, than post yes and how big your garden is.

This is the first year that we aren't growing our own peppers and it's mostly because the local farmers get better yield than we do and because we haven't really got the time anymore to actually grow them; we're too busy doing other things (yay!)

I do have a couple on my window sill though, because I like plants.

T

We grow our own homegrown for our personal use sauces. Jim Campbell from Mild to Wild Pepper and Herb provides the peppers for the Cape Fear Pepper Company sauce(s). 😉

Cap said:
We grow our own homegrown[/i'] for our personal use sauces. Jim Campbell from Mild to Wild Pepper and Herb provides the peppers for the Cape Fear Pepper Company sauce(s). 😉

Is there anyone that Jim doesn't supply???

T

Tina Brooks][quote=Cap said:
We grow our own homegrown[/i'] for our personal use sauces. Jim Campbell from Mild to Wild Pepper and Herb provides the peppers for the Cape Fear Pepper Company sauce(s). 😉

T[/quote]

Yes...Next question...

DEFCON Creator][quote=Tina Brooks][quote=Cap said:

T[/quote]

Yes...Next question...[/quote]

lol... Shall I rephrase... Is there anyone who uses fresh Red Savina Habanero Mash that Jim doesn't supply???

:D

Yup, we are, although our "commercial" output is low, just enough to offset some of the costs of growing and canning/bottling so far. Right now our mash/canned supply includes red sav., hab. francesca (best flavor!), choc. hab., purira, purple pequin, chiltecpin, lemon drop, australian lantern, tabasco, bulgarian carrot, and a few more from just a plant or two. I, too, have gotten mash from Jim C. since his habs are flat-out hotter than ours and it gives us a chance to try different plants. This year we're growing datil, datil sweet, st. lucia red, santo domingo & sandia (NM types), and aji dulce. We wanted some milder chinense types for the MANY heat-neophytes and the NMs are all for us (shipping from Hatch is a killah!). brookthecook

[quote name='Cap'n Bones']Wow! Mention Jim Campbell's name and everybody wake's up! :oops:[/quote]

Oh, Jim CAMPBELL...... Ok then, never mind..... LOL!

I wuz thinking Jim N.E. Krikit. Who's Jim Campbell? Jim who? :roll:

Cap said:
Muso2112 said:
Cap'n Bones' said:
Wow! Mention Jim Campbell's name and everybody wake's up! :?:

Oh, Jim CAMPBELL...... Ok then, never mind..... LOL!

I wuz thinking Jim N.E. Krikit. Who's Jim Campbell? Jim who? :roll:

Hummm..not quite sure how Jim would take that. :shock:

Rumor has it that your stuff is warm. Is this true :oops: :P

Not dissing Jim, he's a friend here too. I wuz just sayin'.... I'm guilty of using his product too.

Ummmm, yeah, it's pretty warm. ;-) I have from 1-5 million SHU capsicum and pure capsaicin powder. Can't get much warmer than that. I'm not as famous as Blair. (yet) I'm still trying to get out of the infamous stage. I like the shadows.

[quote name='Cap'n Bones']Wow! Mention Jim Campbell's name and everybody wake's up! :oops:[/quote]

Geez, I wonder if his ears are burning?

T

[quote name='Tina Brooks][quote=Cap'n Bones']Wow! Mention Jim Campbell's name and everybody wake's up! :oops:[/quote]

Geez, I wonder if his ears are burning?

T[/quote]

Why? Has he been eating my sauces the wrong way again? LOL!

Back