• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Where's The Beef? Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Begin!

How would you recreate the traditional burger not using beef? Be creative!

1. Burgers will have to be ground meat, poultry, seafood, or veggie shaped into a patty and cooked, any way. Anything except beef.

2. There must be two separate forms of bread on either side. No wraps.

3. Any toppings, any sides (not required), any cooking method.

4. There must be a hot pepper element on the burger. It can be anything; sauce, topping, in the bread (cooool chile bread, someone do this!).

5. Teaser pic may be posted but is not required.

6. Proof of Life = 70 cents and must be posted in the teaser or finished pic.

7. Your official entry MUST be ONE post with the name of your burger, the ingredients used with cooking methods (exact measurements not needed) and at least one pic of the burger plated and assembled. You may wish to include a pic with the top bun off, or one with the burger cut in half, etc. to show everything you've done.

ENDS Monday at 6:30 PM EDT.

As not to clutter this thread, please keep the smack talk in the other thread.

I'm probably gonna need help posting these pics right...PLEASE let me know how to do this correctly!! Anyways, here goes nuffin'!

I'm calling them Bear-gers! Obviously, this is JUST a teaser. I HAD to do this for the "money shot." My final presentation will be hard to get the money in there. You'll see why...

PIC_0020.jpg

PIC_0021.jpg

PIC_0023.jpg

Hope everyone likes it, and if ya like it enuff, VOTE for me ya BASTARDS!!! lol Seriously, good luck everybody. This outta be TONS o FUN!!!

Here's the teaser
Bambi Burgers!
teaser.jpg

Ground Bambi
Pork Sausage
Bacon
Salt, freshly cracked pepper, garlic, Worcestershire sauce
sharp cheddar cheese to go on top
pickled jalapeno to top
Red onion slice top
Tomato
Onion bun
Anaheim peppers to top
Mole sauce to top

Mole sauce:
pistachio
pine nuts
poblano peppers
tomatoes
chocolate
thyme
oregano
sesame seeds
cumin seeds
chicken stock
allspice
cinnamon
salt, pepper, sugar
oil
garlic

potatoes for steak fries

Hot Popper that's the best Proof of Life yet! I put image tags around your photos.

Code:
[img]URL[/img]

hot stuff, in your entry post specify what kind of sausage that is so we know it is not beef.

Thanks for telling me how to do that! Ive only donemainly videos on here, then a couple of pics. But, they were just like that.
This may be a dumb question, but since Ima "newb," what is Proof of Life? Is that the "money shot?"
Im keeping my burger simple because IM a simple kinda guy... Insert jokes here please...There will be more to this burger, but thats why this was just a teaser. More will come, especially in the final presentation.

Thanks for telling me how to do that! Ive only donemainly videos on here, then a couple of pics. But, they were just like that.
This may be a dumb question, but since Ima "newb," what is Proof of Life? Is that the "money shot?"
Im keeping my burger simple because IM a simple kinda guy... Insert jokes here please...There will be more to this burger, but thats why this was just a teaser. More will come, especially in the final presentation.

Proof of life is the 70 cents so we can tell you just made this burger this weekend and not a year ago or something.

Oh, and if you count the pennies, it is $.70! Also, I dont know if anyone has noticed, but they are all HEADS UP. Let me tell ya...the habs were in the fridge prior to this...imagine putting a penny on a habanero that was wet with condensation! GEEZ!!

Yeppers! Thats why I wanted to do it. But, its a pain to cook. Bear meat has Trichinosis, so I dont need to go dying! lol

Bambi Burger
open face shot
openface.jpg

close up
BURGERS014.jpg

Ground Bambi
Pork Sausage
Bacon
Salt, freshly cracked pepper, garlic, Worcestershire sauce
sharp cheddar cheese to go on top
pickled jalapeno to top
Red onion slice top
Tomato
Onion bun
Anaheim peppers to top
Mole sauce to top

Mole sauce:
pistachio
pine nuts
poblano peppers
tomatoes
chocolate
thyme
oregano
sesame seeds
cumin seeds
chicken stock
allspice
cinnamon
salt, pepper, sugar
oil
garlic

potatoes for steak fries

roast the peppers and peel the skins. roast all the nuts and seeds plus onions. puree' all and then simmer till it all meshes together.

mix deer and sausage and other spices. wrap in bacon. grill till done. add cheese. lightly toast bun. layer other ingredients. Put mole on bun and put some on the side for the steak fries.

(is that better?)

hot stuff please read the rule about your entry post!

Hot Popper unless you follow rule 7 that is not enterable. Make sure you edit your post.

Great Entries nice work guys can't wait to see more :) I wont be cooking mine until sunday, I just got back from a road trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back