• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Where Do You Work?

Similar to the "who is behind the screen" post--

link here: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/42357-meet-the-manwoman-behind-the-screen-post-your-pic-thread/ )

--I thought it may be interesting to see what everyone does with the other half of their lives, meaning your jobs if you have one. 

I will start with mine.

For a year and about three months I have been working at a company called Carlisle Interconnect Technologies. We Manufacture wire, cable, assemblies and connectors for a lot of huge companies. Some of those companies you may recognize and be very familiar with.

We are the largest supplier to Boeing and Airbus. We also make products for NASA and the military.There are products we have made that are in satellites in space orbiting the globe right now as well as the ISS space station. There are some Medical applications we manufacture products for, and we also make products used in the test and measurement market such as oscilloscope probes and differential probes. I am proud to do something which helps so many people everyday.

If you are interested to learn any more about it there is a video on the front of their site which describes it all pretty well.

www.carlisleit.com

Enough about me, what do you guys do?

I worked at a refinery as an industrial radiographer starting in 1998 - we X-Rayed welds, pipes, and other components looking for modes of potential failure. Then I got my API 570 certification [American Petroleum Institute] in 2003 to be a piping inspector. I got my API 510 cert in 2010 [pressure vessel inspector cert] and now I work as an inspector at the Dow Chemical Company.

I manage a specialty moving company in Wa State. We move medical equipment, mostly mobile ultrasound and x-ray machines, high-end furniture and build and deliver copiers for all major copier companies. I have been at this company for 15 years. I started my career in information technology and have a degree in Network Administration.

my wife and I own run and manage a small piece of property,"the third turtle ranch."  are ranch offers livestock hauling,fencing and land clearing jobs.we also manage a very small herd of cattle and  grow peppers. i even sell fertile chicken eggs to schools for 4-H projects. ill do anything honest for some scratch.   

edit for spelling ;)

Right now I am doing freelance CAD (Civil3d) drafting working, RIght now I do work for 2 (a 3rd when they get busy) survey firms and one structural eng doing foundation/framing plans for majority of his house plans that are for aruther rutherburg.

I also work part time at the local hydro shop here in town.

night stock Home Depot, its below my natural abilities and about as exciting as eating wet wallpaper paste, but it pays the bills for the most part

thanks your friend Joe

I do concrete construction. Commercial floors, outside flatwork, curbs, steps, colored and stamped concrete, basically anything concrete lol. We also do poured walls. Not the easiest job in the world, but it's good money and construction is all I know.

23076459.jpg

I run the big one.
It's 50' to the point sheave. (tallest spot.)

I operate a recycling machine for close to 6 years and it's still my first job.

It's a plastic bag factory and I recycle all the scrap in the factory. We make bags for some Cali grocery stores, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Vons and many others.

I'm one of the most experienced forklift drivers there and I also help manage the recycle availability.

-Walter

I am a Network Admin for a PEO (professional employer organization).  We have a little over 100 employees and 14,000 clients.

Before moving to the U.S I worked at the largest beef processing plant in the Southern Hemisphere. After moving here, and gaining my permanent resident status, I started working as a trainee meat cutter at a local grocery store. 4 1/2 years later I'm now Assistant meat department manager at the store I work at. 

MeatHead1313 said:
Before moving to the U.S I worked at the largest beef processing plant in the Southern Hemisphere. After moving here, and gaining my permanent resident status, I started working as a trainee meat cutter at a local grocery store. 4 1/2 years later I'm now Assistant meat department manager at the store I work at. 

How was it at the large plant? Anything like you see on those PETA videos?

Back