• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

fertilizer When should I apply a high phosphorous fertilizer for flowering

The Varieties that I am growing will take between 70 and 90 days to fruit. How many days after the transplant outside, should I apply a high phosphorous fertilizer for flowering?

In my opinion forget the high phosphorous formulas, chiles will grow and fruit at the same time and shouldn't need bloom boosters
What kind of "soil" and/or nutrients are you currently using?

Last week, before I transplanted, I dug up a few inches of my garden soil and put in potting soil. The Garden soil is sandy but good. It gets watered with well water, high in Iron, but otherwise normal. I fertilized once with some all purpose Vegetable fertilizer.

Chiles are pretty un-engineered and don't use fertilizers the way tomatos and etc do.
High phos fertilizers don't change a thing.....leave the plant alone and wait.

Thanks for the replies.

I am growing tomatoes and other vegetables in the garden near my peppers. If I would apply a High Phosphorous fertilizer, could it harm the Chile's? Am I better off not using it all?

Keep the chiles far enough away from the other plants so the stuff you put on them does not effect the chiles. Get some compost or worm castings and work it into the soil growing chiles.

Back