• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite whats your favorite baccatum?,

whats your favorite baccatum strain?
never grew baccatum before so i like to try 2 or 3 plants of casp.baccatum next season!
pics are always fun :P

sorry have more than one i do so love my baccatums!!

aji omni-color
aji yellow
aji bolsa de dulce(im bias on this one its my development :lol: )
aji colorado
aji pineapple

Aji Cristal (C. baccatum) x Cumari Pollux (C. praetermissum):

IMG_20130807_175935_zps82a22cfc.jpg

Aji omnicolour are very good and very typical. The quintessential baccatum, if you will. I also like Aji amarillo a lot. Pitanga laranha are probably the hottest baccatum I`ve had (Orange Hab-hot) and taste great. 

As Jamie told me, and I unashamedly stole, "I`ve never met a baccatum I didn`t like"

Then there`s,

Rainforest
Bishop`s Crown
Inca Red Drop
Trepadeira do Werner
El Oro de Ecuador
Brazilian Starfish

Aji Lemon aka Lemon Drop - nice heat and a fantastic fruity flavour - quite intense.

I love the texture of baccatum - excellent for cold or hot pickling - they don't go all mushy.

ok thanks for you input all off you, nice pics to :drooling: 
brazilian starfish seems to be popular, so i putted 3 seeds in some dirt, i was happy to find some in my seedbox
also found some lemon drop (last year none off them sprouted i remember),
bishops crown (my father will have some pods of it soon so i can try one soon, cant wait to have my first baccatum) :rolleyes: i think i go by later this evening ;)
and 3 lonely aji amarillo seeds,
as these are all listed above u can say i am a happy man, hopefully they are true and sprout well
the omnicolor and the aji pineapple has my intrest to but as i have allready seeds of the other mentiond strains i start with these first and see how they come out off there shell ;)

Wow! No mention of THE best of all baccatums, the one and only Peruvian Aji Amarillo? Nothing comes close in my opinion! Oh, and I like Aji Cristal, Omnicolor, "Lemon Drop"/Limon, and every red colored baccatum I've tried as well.

Back