• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What's the most productive super hot you've grown?

These are my two completely selfish favorites....

7 Pot Yellow. This is Judy's version, by way of romy6:

yellow7_6.jpg

And the NagaBrain, a Dorset Naga x Brain Strain cross, also from romy6. The plant is 6 feet tall and the pods are big. Right after this pik was snapped I stripped the plant for 136 pods:

nagabrain2.jpg

Last year my 7 pot original was the best producer. Second was my 7 pot Jonah and my yellow 7 pots were 3rd. My naga morich and bih jolokia went nuts too.

For me, it is the regular red bhut. I'm getting twice as many pods on those as I do on any of the 7 pod types. Nags are producing a lot, but my plants are rather small, so not putting on the poundage.
Now, I have to ask you guys putting 7 to 10 pounds on a single plant. What containers are you using, or are they in the ground? What are you using to stake them up with, or are they holding up on their own? On the hydro, what size container are you getting away with using the hydro method? Now, this is cool stuf! Tom

I do both containers and ground but the ground ones produce more but later. The inground plants also have larger pods than those in containers. Most of mine hold up on their own with a stake in the middle to keep the whole plant from tipping to one side. I let the branches go.

My most prolific was my Jamaican hot yellow. Due to grub infestation most of my plants were mediocre. I was priveledge to see spongeys brain. It was huge. Garys Naga brains were good too. Nom nom. Never tried them Choc bhuts. Wink wink. Hahah. Hoping to have a prolific year.

I think I posted this pic before. This was the last pick around early Dec.
The bag of Butch Ts were from the last 2 producing plants.. I got around 300 pods from those 2. All BTs averaged between 110-150. Douglahs did well. The 7 Pod Browns had enormous amount of flowers, but an average fruit set. Fataliis of course. I had a TS Cardi that had 160 plus large pods, but the stock Bhuts just never give up. Flower. fruit, over and over.
lastpick0081.jpg

I think I posted this pic before. This was the last pick around early Dec.
The bag of Butch Ts were from the last 2 producing plants.. I got around 300 pods from those 2. All BTs averaged between 110-150. Douglahs did well. The 7 Pod Browns had enormous amount of flowers, but an average fruit set. Fataliis of course. I had a TS Cardi that had 160 plus large pods, but the stock Bhuts just never give up. Flower. fruit, over and over.
lastpick0081.jpg

j04eyUe.jpg

I wonder how well chocolate bhut goes with mole.

I have never tried mole, but I would recommend cooling it really well. Those are filthy animals that are probably ridden with parasites. I have a few that frequent my yard during the summer... I might have to pull out the old Mosin Nagant, and see if I can hunt me down some fresh meat for dinner some night.

Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Back