• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

what species is vietato?

I got some seeds called `vietato` in a freebie giveaway from siling_labuyo which i think he got from Mich the swiss chilemad. Their profiles say they haven't been active for a few months so I'm asking everyone here.

I want to know if they are known by some other name or at least what species they are? Google tells me vietato is Italian for forbidden, but I can't find any information on them.

I started a couple too late last year and they grew into the lights and got burned. I had to chuck them because there was nowhere else to put them, and so haven't seen any pods. They grew tall and fast.

Also I generally look on thechilliman.org if I'm looking for chile information. Does anyone know of another database that has lots of chiles listed?

Said to be a selection from a very hot vietnamese variety.
Here's another link from the creator, again need to translate:

http://www.poderestuard.it/pages/pop_det.aspx?ID=292

Cya

Datil

translating vietato from italian meaning: forbidden

translating Datils link:

Species: Capsicum annuum

Spiciness: high
Primary use: jar
Average cycle: late
fruit shape: elongated
Fruit length: (cm) 5
Diameter fruit: (cm) 1 fruit color: red

Characteristics of the plant in the field (can vary in vase) Habit and form: bush, average growth Height: 40-50 cm Width: 50-60 cm Cycle: late selection of varieties cultivated in Vietnam Characteristics of Habit and fruit shape: elongated, to erect Size: length: 4-5 cm width: 0.6 to 1.0 cm Color: green and red on the same plant, depending on the degree of ripeness Spiciness high; consigliasi gathering fruit for eventual consumption at full maturity ( red). Suggested use: particularly suitable for individual jars with a mean diameter, or in the field, can be adapted for medium distance recommended on the border row for continuous border plants close to 30-35 cm or more spaced plants for greater emphasis Period of use It is above all suitable for collection and for the fruit and subtle spicy; consiglisi transplant quite soon after the last frost, because it ripens quite late; tends to bloom a lot.

from this website I was looking at they could be any of them
http://www.ethno-bot...miento-aji.html

they look just like Chile de Árbol Chili Peppers "rat tailed peppers"
-or-probably Guandilla

Back