• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor What is wrong in my grow tent?

Hi all, I have a hydroponic pepper grown indoor in a tent. 

First one pepper experienced premature leaves dropping, and I thought it was due to irregular watering schedules. However 2 weeks after fixing the watering schedule, small dark spots appeared on the underside. Again I didn't think much of it as I was battling an aphid infestation. One week after neem oil spraying I think I've eliminated them all. 

However, now a second plant is having these dark spots on the underside, and the first plant is now having the same spots on both sides of the leaf. 

Picture: 
Billede 2.jpeg

So my dear plant doctors. What is wrong in my tent? Im getting worried after the second plant is experiencing the same symptoms. 

Walchit said:
Bacterial leaf spot?

I am afraid you might be right. I don't know how this could happen, as I once a week empty my tent to clean the fallen leaves and such and before plants are getting in again I always spray with some disinfection. 

Well, nevertheless, what do I do now? Can I cure the infection? Should I kill off the plants to prevent spreading? Can I spray the disinfection directly onto the plants? :D 

No, it is too late. I would advise burning the plants and taking the soil away from the ground within a 1 meter radius. Also do not use the leaves for composting.

SpeakPolish said:
No, it is too late. I would advise burning the plants and taking the soil away from the ground within a 1 meter radius. Also do not use the leaves for composting.
I have each plant in a rockwool cube, so that should be easy to remove. Its really a shame, my Bahamian goat is just ripening up its first pepper :( 

But I guess it can spread then? 

SpeakPolish said:
If it is touching the ground then yes, otherwise be careful. Anything that's touching the plant should be disposed
No cube is touching the ground, they are all raised for air pruning. But the two plants in question actually stood close and touched each other. After a rearrangement last week no one is touching any more. :( 

For your next season try to disinfect your tent and disinfect everything that you want to reuse. Also do not use the plants for composting.

Well, I dont really have seasons, as it is a full hydro setup :). But im going to kill the infected plants and disinfect my tools!
Edit: and thank you for your help! :)

Upon closer inspection I think all my peppers are infected. They all have that on the underside of the leaves, and some with brown spots on the top :/ 

Guess I'll have to start over.. 

SpeakPolish said:
Yeah, I also had bacterial leaf spot earlier this year. My ghost pepper only produced one pod and got stunted to 1 foot tall.

While it's a hard pill to swallow that I have to kill all my plants, it's the fact you just mentioned with stunted growth, that makes me realize it's have to be done. 

Back