What is the ONE kitchen gadget you could not live without ?

With all things considered as necessary in our day to day lives for our kitchen what would be the one gadget/appliance that you could not part with and use the most. Here are a some items below that I thought of most used in our homes.

Crock pot
Rice cooker
Kitchen Aid
Blender
Immersion Blender
Food processor
Pressure cooker/caner
Juicer
Food Sealer
Electric griddle
Bread Machine
Portable Convection oven
Microwave oven
Toaster
Espresso Machine
Coffee Maker
Waffle maker
George Foreman grill
Ice cream machine
Deep Fryer
Dehydrator

The one one my list that I could not part with if I could only choose one on this list would be a blender.

My Husband.

No replacement~  never lets me down, consistent performance, works with or without electricity, he slices, he dices, whisks and whirls~~~~

beyond that....food processor.

:D

aw, crap....just went back and read the list that includes toaster and microwave.  Those would be right up there.  What I didn't see was coffee maker!  That would be the one-don't leave home without- appliance. 

In a recent power outage, we took the coffee maker out to the RV, fired up the generator and had our morning caffeinating.

Yep, would LOVE a gas range, but that's considered a large appliance.   What would you want for a SMALL appliance? 

:lol: double posting with Red~

edit- or is that cross-posting?  What-Ev~~~  :)

SavinaRed said:
I'm talking about a portable appliance lol .

I don't need to take them anywhere lol.

Lots of people have electric I could not live w/o gas, that's the answer. ;)

No real gadgets to speak of.

The Hot Pepper said:

Yes I hate my glass top electric range. the only good thing about it is the convection oven. the problem I have is there is no gas line within 100 feet of my stove otherwise I would convert to gas. my next stove will be an induction. 

salsalady said:
My Husband.

No replacement~  never lets me down, consistent performance, works with or without electricity~~~~

beyond that....food processor.

:D

aw, crap....just went back and read the list that includes toaster and microwave.  Those would be right up there.  What I didn't see was coffee maker!  That would be the one-don't leave home without- appliance. 
In a recent power outage, we took the coffe maker out to the RV, fired up the generator and ha;d our morning caffeinating.
yes I need to add a coffee maker lol, I have espresso machine on the list though :)

I have 5 different types of coffee makers. the one I like best is the aero press which makes the best tasting coffee. all you need to do is boil water and press it into your cup. it takes less than a minute to make once the water is boiled.

The Hot Pepper said:

SavinaRed said:
Yes I hate my glass top electric range. the only good thing about it is the convection oven. the problem I have is there is no gas line within 100 feet of my stove otherwise I would convert to gas. my next stove will be an induction. 

Induction. Never prefer gas again. I'll never go back to resistance tops, and gas, while nice, isn't available everywhere.

Other than the oven, I was going to say a good sharp knife. I couldn't live with out it.

Jeff H said:

Induction. Never prefer gas again. I'll never go back to resistance tops, and gas, while nice, isn't available everywhere.

Other than the oven, I was going to say a good sharp knife. I couldn't live with out it.
I was leaning more towards electric kitchen appliances. so you couldn't live without your electric kitchen knife?  :)

juanitos said:
coffee maker lol

get a french press ;)

I'd say my offset serrated, but I think SR is looking for small appliance type stuff.  so I'll go with my most fav: the cuisinart food processor 

SavinaRed said:
Yes I have 2 French presses but check out the aero press it makes better coffee

+1!  So much better... especially if you use the inverted method with a stainless screen instead of filter paper. Keeps in all the good oils that paper would absorb.

On to the OQ, I have recently found a love for my Ninja IQ.  I just wish I could get an extra blade and bullet cup for pretty cheap because my wife will not let me grind dried superhots using our main ones.

Back