dehydrators What dehydration equipment does everyone have?

Currently I dry everything in my toaster oven but I'm not entirely sure I want to do that with peppers. Generally I don't love buying one purpose only appliances so I'm seeing what's out there. I see some air fryers have dehydrating modes, same with instant pots (I don't own either at the moment so it's a consideration), another consideration is a mesh rack and the sun. What do you use, and do you like your current appliance/method?

I bought a cheap 6 trays dehydrator (Hamilton Beach) mainly to dry peppers but I also use it for other fruits. Quite inexpensive piece of equipment, easy to use and efficient, at least up to now!

For your dehydrating inspiration...

There was also another thread where Lazinfat taped a dryer duct to the vent hole on top and stuck it out the window.

Cant find that thread or member, may have been deleted. 🤷

For your dehydrating inspiration...
I actually found this thread while digging to see what people had! Giving your nesco a real workout there :)

I bought a cheap 6 trays dehydrator (Hamilton Beach) mainly to dry peppers but I also use it for other fruits. Quite inexpensive piece of equipment, easy to use and efficient, at least up to now!
If your budget is limited you really can't beat this deal on a used (returned) model on amazon for $41.29 (1 left):

Reactions: Bou
Someone is selling a 9 tray excalibur that they've only used 4 times near me for 150 CAD
At this point I'm not sure if I even need 9 trays or if it's just going to jam up cupboard space but it's also a great deal. But I also didn't want to spend that much on something I wasn't sure I'd use 😂

That's why I'm curious to see if anyone uses their air fryer/instant pot dehydrate functions, those seem more reasonable to me but if purpose built is the way to go I can think about it

i use a salton vita-pro because it was very cheap to buy when i was starting out with this hobby ($45 at crappy tire). if it ever dies i would probably look into a better one for more volume and heat/timing control, but any cheap one does the job well enough for the time being, as long as you are not trying to dry a hundred peppers in one go.

if that seller is truthful that it is super-gently-used, and you can afford it, i'd be keen on the one you mentioned.

i use a salton vita-pro because it was very cheap to buy when i was starting out with this hobby ($45 at crappy tire). if it ever dies i would probably look into a better one for more volume and heat/timing control, but any cheap one does the job well enough for the time being, as long as you are not trying to dry a hundred peppers in one go.

if that seller is truthful that it is super-gently-used, and you can afford it, i'd be keen on the one you mentioned.
I could always pick it up for you and we can figure out logistics after if you want. I’m not completely sold on it yet

Back